Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dexter Nev-R-Lube™ verses Dexter EZ Lube axles - discussion pro/con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok an update. My current 6 on 5.5 wheels will not fit the never lube hub. My wheel center bore is 3.75" I was informed this morning by one supplier that the Never lube 42mm center pilot is 4" OD. A no go.

Now I need to get information on the 6K 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern EZ - Lube hub pilot center. Otherwise I am back to square one. It's tough finding the pilot information out there

Keith

On edit I just got word EZ-lube is a 3.75 pilot and should work with my wheels. Information came from Standard axle sales
    Last edited by Yoda; 09-20-2022, 02:20 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda

Keith, I can't imagine how frustrated I'd be if I had the new axles installed only to find out the wheels didn't fit. Good on you for checking that before you purchased.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yoda Keith,

I assume you have Lionshead wheels where this link will provide you with their contact information.

https://lionsheadtireandwheel.com/wheels

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
          Yoda Keith,

I assume you have Lionshead wheels where this link will provide you with their contact information.

https://lionsheadtireandwheel.com/wheels

Jim
          I have SenDel T13 Their web page list all of the rim specifications http://sendelwheel.com/index.html It appears the T13 in no longer available,
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda , just wait till it goes to per liters/100km or gal/100 miles. Now that will really blow your mind.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              Yoda , just wait till it goes to per liters/100km or gal/100 miles. Now that will really blow your mind.
              Well...you guys are the last country still doing the mpg thing......the rest of us managed.....you will do ok.....

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy NEVER.... Company standard is metric. I still do everything in imperial, then convert. No feel for the mm, cm, m thing when it comes to looking at distances, plus most of the code books I work out of are still imperial FIRST.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

GM uses SI. But we still had to morph some testing for units used here.

Jim

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy NEVER.... Company standard is metric. I still do everything in imperial, then convert. No feel for the mm, cm, m thing when it comes to looking at distances, plus most of the code books I work out of are still imperial FIRST.
                    Interesting...I do everything metric....except when measuring for home improvements......carpentry requires 1/16th's of an inch......

Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                      Interesting...I do everything metric....except when measuring for home improvements......carpentry requires 1/16th's of an inch......
                      LOL! I am exactly the same! Distances, temperatures, volumes . . . all come naturally in Metric and are complex in Imperial. But . . . construction is so linked to US products that we have to work in inches. 2x4s are 8 ft long. Plywood is 4x8. Wall studs are at 16”. And so on.

Temperatures in Imperial are totally random . . (as is the origin of the German/Polish Fahrenheit scale). In Metric . . . 0 is cold (water freezes). 10 is cool. 20 is comfortable. 30 is warm. 40 is hot. What could be simpler .

Rob

Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

I'm hard on clothes too. LOL. We use a lot of the Tide Rescue pre-treatment where it seems if there is something oily or dirty near by, my clothes will find it.
                        You use Tide Rescue, I use Walmart. New jeans, $12.

Approved grease? Now I have to go look what I bought. Something about LBI, Lithium Based something or other. Dropping point was higher, highest I could find. Mixing grease? Full time roamers have difficulty with this, what is common in one area may not be common in another. You'all can think what you want of me, I mix grease.

2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
                        2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
                        E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
                        Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Got that covered. I think there is a button on the Ford units screen for that.

In college (mid 70's when FHWA got the burr up thier Hiney to go metric) they tried to teach metri, along with Imperial, but I always converted to metric thanks to my HP 21...then 41C, The one conversion I remember is 25.4 mm to the inch. I kept messing up my slide rule work misplacing the decimal point so when Hp came out with the 21 the end of my freshman year they saved my sanity..

But Wow has this thread taken a detour - it's great about the measurement system humor here. there is a solution though https://www.amazon.com/MulWark-Measu...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

While I don't have one my FIL gave me a inch /.1ft tape measure for Christmas a while back. So my engineering self felt at home (I dont use it much). We engineers work in 0,10 foot increments or less. However I am one of those to measure three times and still cut it short.

However back on target - I pulled the spare ( it actually has a taper on the back side from 4.25 to the 3.75 bore for the center cap to fit recessed), but as I cant find a measurement drawing I am going to physically check if I can find the hubs and actually check the fit. I have discovered that most 16" trailer wheels with 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern have a 4.25" pilot center (that's what you want). I did not look into that when I did my wheel upgrade and just thought about bolt pattern - shame on me. Lesson here if your looking at an axle upgrade make sure your wheels or the wheels you are getting fit the hub. One of my decisions now is what the cost would be for the never lube hubs if I haft to get new rims and if I go that way do I go with 8 bolt. First things first is find the never lube hub - problematic, or the EZ Lube, which I know are available locally - a plus in going that way.

More later as the adventure continues.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by d2reid View Post

You'all can think what you want of me, I mix grease.
                            With what? Gin Vodka or Tequila. Sorry I just had too.

Does it taste as good as Vegemite....Sorry a friendly poke at the great folks down under (I did not see it in Canada), But everyone should try it.It also makes a great gasket sealant

I do mix grease on the hay equipment, but I try and stay with the same type like not mixing moly with white Lithium.

Keith

Comment

While I don't have the nev'r'lube axles anymore, I can measure the hub bore of the wheels that were on it for you. I still have the wheels.
                              I could possibly locate where those axles are today..maybe not....I gave them to a guy, who gave them to a guy, who gave them to a guy......

Comment

Originally posted by d2reid View Post

Approved grease? Now I have to go look what I bought. Something about LBI, Lithium Based something or other. Dropping point was higher, highest I could find. Mixing grease? Full time roamers have difficulty with this, what is common in one area may not be common in another. You'all can think what you want of me, I mix grease.
                                Well technically your not supposed to mix where maybe we have a chemist here that can help us out. Technically we are supposed to pull our wheels every year which I do not do. My Mercruiser outdrive on my boat does not get pulled each year even though that is recommended also. I believe some of this is due to product liability. If your sticking with a lithium base your probably Ok.

I found this article from a chemist:
                                https://www.gardnerdenver.com/en-us/...er-mix-greases

I'll start a grease war here but I use Mobile 1 Synthetic that is an approved lube. The main reason I use it is that it can be found everywhere (even Walmart) so its easy to stick with one product.

Jim
                                Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2022, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X