One Tire Different than the Other Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBARLAG View Post
    Does anyone ever have difficulty finding an air-fill location (i.e. gas station) that will register >100 psi?
    There are several very portable small 110v air compressors available at Home Depot or Lowes that go up to 150 psi. I have a oem inverter in my truck in the event that 110 is nowhere available. The HD / Lowes models are not the quality of the VIAIR but not the price either.
    I’ve been using one from HD that was about $115 two years ago and it’s still working like new. It puts air in my tires and is used for other small jobs needing compressed air.
    I didn’t buy a Lexus to go get milk at the store so I’m not paying 200-400$ to put air in a tire. But of course make your own decision.
    I’ll admit that I don’t know anything about the importance of a “duty cycle”. If my tire needs air and the compressor that I use puts air in the tire - mission accomplished.
    Last edited by Schiefswret; 02-24-2020, 09:28 PM.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
      If my tire needs air and the compressor that I use puts air in the tire - mission accomplished.
      Completely understand. Between the video below and a certain Canadian moderator (but I won't mention his name!) I went the VIAIR route. I've since incorporated the compressor into my truck so I always have an air source with me and ready to go. If I had a tank it would be perfection...but what I have will have to do. I'll leave documenting the awesomeness of incorporating the VIAIR into the truck in the original author's corner as all I did was copy his idea.

Here's that video I mentioned. (Not trying to persuade you to buy a VIAIR--I don't own any stock in the company!--just food for thought.)

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X