TPMS - Aftermarket Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS - Aftermarket Devices

Happy New Year to all. My first forum activity! Recently purchased a 2020 Reflection 337RLS fiver and would like to add a TPMS that uses a transmitter/sensor installed in each wheel rather than the typical external mounted sensors. I have seen advertisements for a system manufactured by Dill Air Control Products (1504-416). Does anyone have experience with this product? Other recommendations?
    Mark & Ellen
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Originally posted by MAW7228 View Post
    Happy New Year to all. My first forum activity! Recently purchased a 2020 Reflection 337RLS fiver and would like to add a TPMS that uses a transmitter/sensor installed in each wheel rather than the typical external mounted sensors. I have seen advertisements for a system manufactured by Dill Air Control Products (1504-416). Does anyone have experience with this product? Other recommendations?
    I don't have any experience with the product but wanted to welcome you to the forum. For a TPMS I'm using Ford's system that incorporates into my '17 SuperDuty. The pic below is lousy but it shows how Ford's system is incorporated into the Ford display so I don't need another screen.

I *think* for it to work the truck must have the "Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System" so the truck has the right wire harness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TPMS.JPG
Views:	1364
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	9902
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have been using the Tire Minder. Like it because it uses cellphone or can run headless (no screen but audible alert). My original system would drop signal so working with technical support (Martin) they sent me new sensors (they didn't feel this was the problem and neither did I), and a second signal booster which I mounted behind axles and working perfectly now (all at no charge). Really like the US based technical support...
      Link: https://www.minderresearch.com/tirem...nitor-for-rvs/
      Jeff & JoAnn Sibley
      Solitude 344GK (2019)
      F350 DRW (2018)

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I don't have any experience with the product but wanted to welcome you to the forum. For a TPMS I'm using Ford's system that incorporates into my '17 SuperDuty. The pic below is lousy but it shows how Ford's system is incorporated into the Ford display so I don't need another screen.

I *think* for it to work the truck must have the "Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System" so the truck has the right wire harness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TPMS.JPG
Views:	1364
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	9902
        I use this system as well and love it. I had the Tireminder before and it was good as well, but you can’t beat having it integrated into the truck imo.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Appreciate the feedback to my question. I asked my RAM service department about the option for being able to show the trailer tire pressures integrated with the dash display. They were clueless. Also, it seems like Dill may be the only manufacturer with an aftermarket in-the-wheel sensor product available for RV use. I'm still researching and will keep posts on what I find.
          Mark & Ellen
          2020 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

I bought mine at the huge Tampa RV show, where I had the opportunity to visit the booths of four different manufacturers and weigh the features and differences between their products. I chose this one:

https://www.amazon.com/TST-TST-507-R...s%2C162&sr=8-6

I installed the repeater that comes with it - designed to improve communication between wheels and the monitor - in the front bay of our trailer including adding a switch so I could turn it off when we weren't traveling. Most of the time I forget to turn it on (!!) but the system works fine on our 35-foot trailer.

It's not the fanciest of the systems available but it does the job well and reliably and doesn't need a mobile phone to work.
            Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Appreciate the feedback to my question. I asked my RAM service department about the option for being able to show the trailer tire pressures integrated with the dash display. They were clueless. Also, it seems like Dill may be the only manufacturer with an aftermarket in-the-wheel sensor product available for RV use. I'm still researching and will keep posts on what I find.
              Part number for the RAM (CFA, same parts used on Jeeps, etc) is 68433188AA 4 sensors per kit. Third party price around $160 vs MSRP of $244.
              My trailer: Grand Design Momentum 397TH with many small modifications and a fairly large (1700W panels, 10KW batteries) DIY solar install.

My truck: 2020 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Aisin 6-speed, 4.10 axle, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat, Longhorn L1, Towing Tech, Max tow, Towing prep, 30K 5th wheel, Cold Weather pkg, Safety group, Body color bumpers, Tow hooks, Auto level, 50 gal fuel, Bed step, Side steps, Sunroof, Aux switches, Air Horn, TruXedo Sentry bed cover

Comment

Thanks for the RAM part number Sckarolek. In my research for a TPMS using in-wheel sensors I did come across a system manufactured by Tuson RV Brakes, LLC. Model No. TPMS4W which includes a monitor, 4 sensors, interchangeable valve stems (good for 0.453" or 0.625" diameter rim holes), repeater and accessories. This TPMS is priced a little higher than the Dill unit but the monitor is a bit larger and easier to read. Have not made a decision yet but plan to purchase one or the other next week and have my tire shop install the sensors when I switch out the Westlake Super ST tires with Goodyear Endurance ones.
                Mark & Ellen
                2020 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	TPMS.JPG Views:	121 Size:	109.3 KB ID:	9902

howson Does GD TT's come with sensors that broadcast to Ford, or how did you get the TPMS integrated into Ford sync?
                  Josh & Kristen
                  2017 F-150 Eco-Boost
                  2020 - Imagine XLS 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by Josh T View Post

howson Does GD TT's come with sensors that broadcast to Ford, or how did you get the TPMS integrated into Ford sync?
                    The package from Ford includes sensors that mount inside the trailer wheels. I had a tire shop install mine when I replaced my tires.
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
                    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Josh T View Post
                      Does GD TT's come with sensors that broadcast to Ford, or how did you get the TPMS integrated into Ford sync?
                      Josh,
                      GD trailers do not come with TPMS sensors.

----------------------------
                      3 Oct 20 Update to the sentence above: some GD models are now getting LCI's Linc TPMS system. Some come with the entire kit (Reflection?) and some just the hard-wired transmitter (Imagine?). Check with your dealer to know for sure how your trailer may or may not come equipped from the factory.
                      ----------------------------

I purchased the HC3Z-19G490-J Trailer-Mounted Trailer Camera W/TPMS kit from Ford that was made to add to their Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System. (I sarcastically call it "parking" camera system since Ford's nanny-hand-holding won't allow you to use the cameras over ~5mph but that's another topic.)

TPMS works fantastic.

A lot more info here: https://accessories.ford.com/kit-tpms-sensor-11804.html

Last edited by howson; 10-03-2020, 06:55 AM.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Finally decided on and purchased the Dill Model 1504-416 TPMS. Comes with 4 in-wheel sensors, monitor, and antenna. Also went with the booster (repeater) for our 337RLS. Having the sensors installed with the new tires next week. I installed and wired the external antenna and booster module on the RV tying into the battery with an inline 1 Amp fuse and disconnect. The sensors operate at a frequency of 433.92 MHz which is very close to the RAM 3500 TPMS operating frequency. Hopefully I won't see interference between the two systems and need to reprogram the RAM sensors. Keep you posted.
                        Mark & Ellen
                        2020 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	TPMS.JPG Views:	226 Size:	109.3 KB ID:	9902
                          Howard - Good morning
                          Ford now offers a wireless trailer TPMS (up to 6 tires) as a separate option on the 2020. You don't need to get the camera system. They also offer a high mount camera that can look down in the bed separate from all the other camera systems they offer.

Hope this helps
                          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Just a follow up to my TPMS installation on our 2020 337RLS. Replaced the factory Westlake tires with Goodyear Endurance tires and installed the Dill Model 1504-416 TPMS with the 4 in-wheel sensors, monitor, booster and antenna. I also installed and wired the external booster to the battery with an inline 1 Amp fuse and disconnect. Everything is working great and have not had any interference with the RAM 3500 TPMS operating frequency. Both the pressure and temperature readings seem pretty accurate. I really like having the sensors in the wheel rather than relying on the stem mounted sensors we used previously.
                            Mark & Ellen
                            2020 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Howard - Good morning
                              Ford now offers a wireless trailer TPMS (up to 6 tires) as a separate option on the 2020. You don't need to get the camera system. They also offer a high mount camera that can look down in the bed separate from all the other camera systems they offer.

Hope this helps
                              howson or Yoda: I'm in the process of buying a 2020 Ford F250 & GD Reflection 150 260RD; the Ford dealer pointed out the sensors only work on wheels with a .452" diameter valve stem. I take it you didn't have any trouble with it working on your wheels?
                              2021 Reflection 260 RD
                              2020 Ford F-250

Comment

Working...
                              X