Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propane tank makes noise when furnace on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane tank makes noise when furnace on.

It’s finally cold enough down here in south Florida to turn on the furnace. When I did, there is a noise from propane compartment. I turned off furnace until I figure out why it’s making this noise.

unfortunately you have to download this link to see the video.

IMG_4176.MOV
    Attached Files
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Likely the regulator. Doesn’t hurt anything, but might portend a problem in the future
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

That's interesting, I didn't know a regulator would resonate like that. Doing a quick Google search, apparently a resonating regulator could be caused by an overfilled tank, or a failing diaphragm inside the unit. By chance did you just get the tank refilled? Your gauge in the video seems to only show full, and not high, so perhaps that regulator is failing?
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Regulator on that compartment had been replaced last year. No leaks that tank is probably half full. It was at factory this past summer and they checked all after refrigerator recall. That gauge is the stop leak one.
        Vivian
        2018 Reflection 303rls
        Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
        Demco Recon

Comment

Our switch-over regulator hums at high propane flow. (usually the furnace) But, you can’t hear it over the furnace roar unless you are outside near the propane compartment. It has been doing this for years . . . I have never worried about it.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I had one that sounded like that a couple times with a Blackstone then it didn't work at all.
            Current: 22" Momentum 381MS, 2020 F350 Dually 6.7 diesel, 4.10 rear 32k Reese 5th wheel hitch
            In the past: 22' Momentum 21G, 21' F150 XLT Screw 5.0 w 3.73, Andersen Hitch
            Q7 Diesel, 22" Ozark THX 1900. 11' F350 Crew, King Ranch, 8' bed, dully, 08' Weekend Warrior LED 3505 triple axle 5th wheel. 04' F250 diesel, 05' Keystone tailgater with old Reese WD hitch, no sway control

Comment

Working...
            X