No announcement yet.

Mopeka Pro Check sensors with Cerbo GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoda That's right. Just not there one closest to the power cable. That one is power only, usually used for the touchscreen.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Can you guys....stop. I have the regular sensors and DONT NEED TO BUY THE PROS JUST SO IT INTERFACES ON MY VICTRON DISPLAY, I DON'T NEED TO BUY THE PROS. I DON'T NEED TO BUY THE PROS....
      David and Deana
      2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
      2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Lol yes you do.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

WondersAwait -- I'm with you, David. I've got the old Mopeka sensors wired up to 12V and they work and I don't have to mess with a battery...so resisting paying for a measurement I can already bring up on my phone. Just doesn't show up on the Victron app.

Now if we want to talk about tank sensors...

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson Yeah I am replacing two of my tanks this summer due to an error I made ages ago when installing my sliding trays. This means I need two new SeeLevel sensors for my system so I was looking into their Victron integration again. My consensus is while its close its still not quite there for what I need. I have four tanks and the Nema2k version that can talk to Victron only allows three. I could use a Mopeka fresh sensor (similar to the propane) but I am not excited about access to that for changing batteries. They have an RV-C version, but it takes over the CANBUS of the Victron and does not allow any other CANBUS connections (including any Victron CANBUS stuff). Granted I do not have any but I feel like this has improved leaps and bounds in the last six months and if I give it a little more time it will be a better fit.

That said I have seen someone who used the Mopeka fresh sensors on their waste tanks with decent results, if I did not already have the SeeLevel I would consider that as an option. Here is a video where he compares the two and charts the accuracy. TLDR, way better than stock, but not as accurate as the SeeLevel. Probably good enough for RV use though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p4MRrxTuO4

Neil Citro

Comment

ncitro -- did you read the latest with Venus OS v2.94? I read it...but don't understand it. Lots of referencing to "NMEA2000 fluid instances". I tried reading the Changing NMEA2000 instances documentation but it also was way over my head. Not sure if this will alleviate the limitation you've run in to?

From Victron:

Today a new version of Venus OS was released, v2.94. It has two fixes:

DVCC: Fix bug where data from a CAN-bus connected battery could get stuck/freeze until GX devices was rebooted. We've seen this happen in a handful of support cases; and it related to certain timing in the canbus messages.

NMEA2000-out: Fix PGN Fluid Level 127505 - fluid level instances not being writable. The fluid level instance is also refered to as the tank instance or data instance.

Note that this bug was found while doing extensive integration testing with all popular brands of MFDs. And besides finding and fixing the bug, the other outcome of that test was that there are only very few system types in which it is still necessary to make any changes in either device-, battery-, DC- or fluid-instances. Also the prior limitation of the Raymarine Axiom displays of a maximum of 5 tanks (fluid instance 0-4) is resolved per a recent version. For further details, see the today updated Changing NMEA2000 instances documentation. All together great progress when it comes to NMEA2000 interoperability.

The other NMEA2000 instances, such as the Device instance, Battery instance and DC instance have always worked fine, the now fixed bug does not relate to them. Only the fluid level instance was affected.​

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson I did see that, NEMA2000 is a standard used to talk to other devices (like CANBUS) and in marine Victron outputs to Raytheon Raymarine systems. I think they had some communication issues there that they addressed.

Neil Citro

Comment

I was just getting ready to do this! I have ordered them and will install when I get home. Time to give up on the wired propane sensors from Safiery. Wish I could have gotten them to work...but with propane tanks, I am willing to mess with the battery. For the fresh, grey, and black....so glad I went ultrasonic from Safiery with the GX Tank 150 and wired them in. Will post more later!
                  2020 Imagine 2400BH
                  2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post
                    Because the Mopeka Pro Check sensors work directly with Victron Cerbo GX, I replaced the older generation Mopeka sensors that came with the cheap display (and kinda worked sometimes) on the bottom of the 2 propane bottles.

Followed the directions in the Cerbo manual, and had it all setup in about 30 minutes (mostly due to capacity settings confusion on my part).

The Cerbo recognized the sensors right away and now I have a more accurate level indication on the Touch. No need for the cheap Mopeka display, and they work with the Mopeka app on the phone.

This makes me want to install new sensors on the holding tanks to display on the Touch......maybe next year.

Phone:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mopeka Phone.jpg
Views:	2376
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	106873

VRM Portal:

Name:	Mopeka Pro VRM.jpg
Views:	1448
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	106874

Touch Display:

Name:	Mopeka Touch.jpg
Views:	1503
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	106875
                    Hello all

I have installed the Moeka sensors and can see on the device list on the Touch 70. can also see the status in the VRM portal but cannot see the picture of the tanks on the touch? Any one help me out?

Paul, Judy and Embr
                    2021 310 gk
                    2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post

Hello all

I have installed the Moeka sensors and can see on the device list on the Touch 70. can also see the status in the VRM portal but cannot see the picture of the tanks on the touch? Any one help me out?
                      When you are on your main screen "page" on the Touch, swipe left.

The tanks are on a separate page.
                      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

When you are on your main screen "page" on the Touch, swipe left.

The tanks are on a separate page.
                        You have to activate the screen in settings/display. Activate tanks overview and it shows up. Explorist helped me out
                        Paul, Judy and Embr
                        2021 310 gk
                        2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Comment

Working...
                        X