Propane Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Hose

Does anyone know the size of the propane hose (and size and type of fittings) that goes from the tanks to the trailer on the XLS 22MLE? I installed bigger propane tanks and the existing hose does not reach the tanks, so I need to extend it by about 3 ft

Would it be possible to disconnect one of the existing hoses and take it with you to wherever your going to have your new hoses made up?
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
      Would it be possible to disconnect one of the existing hoses and take it with you to wherever your going to have your new hoses made up?
      The existing hose runs the length of the trailer........ I was hoping to just buy an already made up hose on line.....

Comment

Originally posted by Refclown View Post

The existing hose runs the length of the trailer........ I was hoping to just buy an already made up hose on line.....
        That is surprising.! Like gas to a brick and mortar house, the propane tanks have a lot higher pressure and put out a lot more gas than appliances need. That is how the tanks can run multiple appliances for several days at a time. There should be a regulator near the tank station with a short hose to connect the two. I suppose there could be just one regulator for two tanks which would result in a longer hose run, but in my limited experience there is a regulator for each tank.

Are you planning on replacing the existing hose or abandoning in place and rerouting the new hose? If replace, then consider pulling the hose first and then getting the replacement.

Iffen it was me I would probably be talking to my local propane provider/installer (not the people at Tractor Supply or U-Haul, a real propane company) about the problem They could probably make up the proper length hose, too. This is pretty serious stuff, if something goes wrong really bad stuff can happen. I would definitely want some face to face time with an expert, which I'm not.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

You should be able to remove the regulator pretty easily and take it to your propane shop. They should be able to make up a 3 foot extension hose that will fit your regulator.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

When I installed the larger tanks and connected the two tanks to the existing regulator, the hose from the trailer would no longer reach the regulator as the tanks are taller. I need to add a short extension to this hose, so it will reach the regulator. Grand Design ran a single piece of hose from the discharge of the regulator all the way to the back of the trailer...The should have run that line with a pipe and then a short hose to the regulator...but they didn't .
            Last edited by Refclown; 02-27-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Refclown

I agree that this should have been a 2 piece hose set up, unfortunate that it is not. Is there a chance that you could get a picture of that end that screws into the regulator?
              This will help in determining what type of ends that you need on the hose. I am guessing that it is 1/4" NPT female on the end of the hose but would like a confirmation. If you have a ruler or tape measure to put across the end when you take a picture that would help as well.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                Refclown

I agree that this should have been a 2 piece hose set up, unfortunate that it is not. Is there a chance that you could get a picture of that end that screws into the regulator?
                This will help in determining what type of ends that you need on the hose. I am guessing that it is 1/4" NPT female on the end of the hose but would like a confirmation. If you have a ruler or tape measure to put across the end when you take a picture that would help as well.

Brian
                First chance I get, I will check the fitting sizes and see what they are....I would guess they 1/4 NPT though

Comment

Originally posted by Refclown View Post

First chance I get, I will check the fitting sizes and see what they are....I would guess they 1/4 NPT though
                  If they are all you would need is a short piece of hose with a male 1/4"npt on one end and a female on the other. Also remember to use the right tape or paste that is correct for propane gas connections.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                  X