Crimped Gas Line Under Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimped Gas Line Under Slide

2020 Transcend 265BH. Gas line gets crimped when slide is in. Any thoughts or tricks to stop this from happening?

Originally posted by Rolltide2524 View Post
    2020 Transcend 265BH. Gas line gets crimped when slide is in. Any thoughts or tricks to stop this from happening?
    A picture of the problem area would certainly help with ideas. There is a thread here I think that had discussed this I will try to find.

If you can find the pinch point try to figure out how to reroute the hose to a safer location. Again I am not sure how yours is routed.

Brian

PS. Glad you found out why the frig stops working.
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Just the general location. Will get others of when it’s crimped.The two lines where completely folded over.
      Attached Files

Comment

Country Campers , Cate&Rob or anyone else,
        Once that propane line is pinched and compromised, wouldn't it be prudent for the OP to ask GD to replace it? Rolltide2524 , have you informed your dealer of the issue and if so, what was their response?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Will inform them tomorrow. We have been taking lots of small trips to find all the little issues and then take it in for work.

Comment

Will inform them tomorrow. We have been taking lots of small trips to find all the little issues and then take it in for work.
            Please follow up in this thread so we can follow along--I am very curious since I know very little about propane systems. Close up pictures of the pinched/damaged line would be great, too, if you get a chance.

P.S. I looked at the pics in post 3!
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Rolltide2524
              Interesting pictures! This "coil spring" looks like a significantly "less expensive" way of supporting a gas line. Earlier trailers have the gas line supported within a flex conduit supported by a plastic flex arm. The plastic arm has had its problems, but the flex conduit prevents the gas line from kinking. The gas line is basically a hose. Once it is straightened out, it should be OK . . . the problem is how do you prevent it from kinking again? One solution would be to sheath it in the flex conduit used on earlier trailers. See attached picture of the gas line on my 2015 Reflection.

Rob
              Attached Files
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Our 2019 337's gas line was also pinched when closed. I found the area at a zip tie to the spring. I attached a PEX radius support and it solved the problem for me. I tested to make sure there was room for the support before I secured it.
                Attached Files
                2019 Reflection 337RLS
                Reese Goosebox, Roadmaster Comfort Ride
                2015 GMC Duramax 2500HD with 3500HD Spring Pack.

Comment

Dentil
                  Hi Dennis
                  Great to see you on this forum .
                  Welcome!
                  Rob
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the info . I’ll have to watch it go in and out a couple of times to see what I can do to prevent it from happening and I’ll let ya know. I’ll wait to hear from my Sevice Manager person before I make any modifications.. I’ll take some screen shots of your pics for my guidance.
                    Thanks bunches..

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                      Dentil
                      Hi Dennis
                      Great to see you on this forum .
                      Welcome!
                      Rob
                      Hi Rob,
                      Thanks for the welcome! It took me a little time to figure out where all "The Masters" had gone from the other forum. I've been lurking for a little.
                      Dennis
                      2019 Reflection 337RLS
                      Reese Goosebox, Roadmaster Comfort Ride
                      2015 GMC Duramax 2500HD with 3500HD Spring Pack.

Comment

Rolltide2524

Looks like the wire loom , plastic corrugated item attached to the propane line , is kinking as well. Might want to check the wires in there as well. It looks to me like these all are attached to the bottom of the slide in this area and not allowed to move in any direction when the slide is fully retracted.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                          Rolltide2524

Looks like the wire loom , plastic corrugated item attached to the propane line , is kinking as well. Might want to check the wires in there as well. It looks to me like these all are attached to the bottom of the slide in this area and not allowed to move in any direction when the slide is fully retracted.

Brian
                          GDRV-Megan -- the info in this thread may be of interest to the Transcend production folks. Looks like there is an opportunity for an improvement.

Comment

It sure looks like the hose is twisted, even in the out position. Have the dealer unhook it at the junction by the frame and see if it relaxes. Kind of like a kinked up air hose that needs to be spun to unroll.
                            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

GDRV-Megan -- the info in this thread may be of interest to the Transcend production folks. Looks like there is an opportunity for an improvement.
                              I have shared this with our Transcend team. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X