Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
    RGEarley

There should be a valve that is close to the connection where the small bottle attaches that you use to turn on the gas, this valve will also be the regulator. More than likely you will have to change over the valve/small bottle fitting to a straight thru fitting. If you post a picture of the bottle connection on the grill with the valve I am sure someone can help you with what you may need.

Brian
    Thanks Brian. I was pretty sure it had to be a regulator, but now that I look closely it clearly says “regulator” stamped right on it! It looks just like the one here https://www.grillpartsamerica.com/pr...me-r801-kr-101
    Although mine has “GDA” on it not R06G. So maybe there’s an alternate valve only that would work with the quick connect on the GD?

KSC_Travels thanks for the suggestion but that’s not the kind of fitting on my valve/regulator.
    2021 Reflection 260 RD
    2020 Ford F-250

Comment

Well I talked to our GD dealer, and they have a hose adapter that will connect our quick disconnect to the grill, and claim that the built in grill’s regulator will not cause a problem. Since this is the easiest solution, not too pricey ($30 something), and should not be a safety issue, I’ll give it a try. The worst case should be low pressure to the grill so that I can’t get as much heat as with the disposable bottles. I’ll try it our next trip (April), and report back here on my findings.
      2021 Reflection 260 RD
      2020 Ford F-250

Comment

Originally posted by RGEarley View Post
        Well I talked to our GD dealer, and they have a hose adapter that will connect our quick disconnect to the grill, and claim that the built in grill’s regulator will not cause a problem. Since this is the easiest solution, not too pricey ($30 something), and should not be a safety issue, I’ll give it a try. The worst case should be low pressure to the grill so that I can’t get as much heat as with the disposable bottles. I’ll try it our next trip (April), and report back here on my findings.
        I tried the adapter from our GD dealer: it connects to the quick disconnect gas line on the GD, and screws in where a small bottle would attach to the combination valve/regulator on our small, cheap grill from Lowes. Instructions with the grill said it required 11” Water Column gas pressure. It works just fine, gets every bit as much flame as with the small bottles. The bottles are still handy if I don’t want to set up my table right next to the rig, but gives me an option if needed. Once I use my supply of small bottles I’ll have to decide whether to get more, get the refillable ones, or just connect to the rig.

Thanks to all for your input.
        2021 Reflection 260 RD
        2020 Ford F-250

Comment

We love our Weber Smokey Joe. Food on charcoal is awesome and the evening fire is lit from dumping the hot coals on the wood. When we finish eating, we go out and sit by a fire already lit.

$60 where new grates are available at our local hardware.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
            I had one of those free-standing Coleman red grills ( road trip ) at first and I hated it. I removed the regulator and bought a hose with a male QC end and a 3/8" female end for hooking up to the RV. Sold that and got a Nexgrill tabletop model at Costco which looks just like the Weber but, less expensive. Converted that one also. I got a 10' hose for it so I had some flexibility. I also got a regulator that hooks to a bulk bottle with a female QC ( always carry a spare ) so I can use that one further away from the trailer. https://propanegear.com/quick-tank-q...-tank-adapter/ I'm debating on getting a Blackstone 22" and will convert that from the tiny bottle also if I do get one.

Happy camping

John
            That better be a good grill or else! LOL We're gonna pick one up at Costco this weekend. Never having done this, does the grill have a QC for the 12' hose I ordered? Thank you for posting that info. This is our 1st GDRV.

Comment

If you ordered the Blackstone, it has a special fitting on the side. I ordered (need to check it before we leave) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 has the special screw on fitting for the grill.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have the Weber Traveler and found this kit to covert it to connect to RV. It costs about $50 but I really liked this grill and decided connecting to RV was important enough to me to by this kit. Weber® Traveler compatible RV Quick-Connect Kit
                Billy & Tammy
                2022 GD Reflection 303RLS
                2022 RAM 2500 Limited, B&W Companion
                2x Labrador Retrievers
                North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                X