Propane Puzzle - New Owner of 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Puzzle - New Owner of 310GK

I did an orientation session a couple months ago; lots to take in as a new Owner. I am puzzled as to with the device is in the attached picture. I am thinking it is related to the propane system in the 310GK. It seems that the two fittings can be pulled outward or inward. Any knowledge to share with a rookie? I have 2 30# tanks, not automated and I have a LP Onan gen. Thank you.

If those are located in the curb side propane tank compartment up above the tank on the left, they look like the hydraulic system valves for the main slides. On my 2020 310GK-R, if you close the valve on the right, the street slide will not operate when you try to open or close the main slides. The valve on the left operates the curb side slide. If you want both slides to open and close together (default operation), both valves need to be open. It's late and I didn't explain that very well. If you have questions, fire away!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
      ...they look like the hydraulic system valves for the main slides.
      You're right, Brian!

Owen K -- Part #7 in the diagram below. (The OEM circled #1, not me.) I got it from the GD Parts Lookup site (link on the menu bar above).

Click image for larger version

Name:	part 7.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	20585

Name:	parts lookup.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	20586
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Brian and Howard - this is most helpful.

Comment

Follow up question. If both valves are closed then both slides will not open?
          Also, I seem to recall when we received the orientation the rep opened the curbside and the street side slides separately (without adjusting the valves in the propane compartment). Does this make sense?

Ps: We're going on our first RV excursion soon - lots to learn.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Owen K View Post
            Follow up question. If both valves are closed then both slides will not open?
            Also, I seem to recall when we received the orientation the rep opened the curbside and the street side slides separately (without adjusting the valves in the propane compartment). Does this make sense?

Ps: We're going on our first RV excursion soon - lots to learn.

Thanks
            I don't have a hydraulic system in my 315RLTS, but...why would anyone close both valves and then actuate the system?

The slide opened independently was likely the bedroom slide, which is what we frequently call a "Schwintek". I can tell by the track on the side of the wall in this picture I found online. It is not hydraulic, but electric, and will be controlled by a separate in/out switch on your main control panel (not to be confused with the hydraulic slide knobs).

Name:	Schwintek.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	20594

This video may help regarding the use of the hydraulic slide knobs:

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Owen K View Post
              I'm not aware of any way to operate the main slides independently without using the valves in the propane closet. But, when you open the main slides (with both control valves in the default open position), one slide will start to come out before the other. The thought is whichever has less friction. Once that slide gets close to being fully open, the next one starts moving. They both close the final 4" or whatever at roughly the same time.
              Brian & Kellie
              2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
              2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
              2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
              2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Also, do a test run with them to figure out which valve controls which slide. This way when the time comes that you need to only open one slide, you don't have to figure it out.
                Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                2020 Momentum 351M
                2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
                  Also, do a test run with them to figure out which valve controls which slide. This way when the time comes that you need to only open one slide, you don't have to figure it out.
                  And then if not clearly marked (which seems to be the case) which valve controls which slide as Brian shared it in his post #2, I would add labels. Old guys like many of us here (not you "youngns" like Curtis !) have good memories.......and some hair yet ! LOL

Dan
                  Dan & Carol
                  2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                  2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Well Dan, I had to label mine too because I wouldn't remember. LOL
                    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                    2020 Momentum 351M
                    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Thanks for the inputs (and humour)😊

Owen

Comment

Working...
                      X