Problem with propane supply to appliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with propane supply to appliances

Hello I have a 2020 Transcend 32BHS. I've been having problems with propane supply to the appliances recently, specifically to the stove where it will take a while to finally light a burner or the pilot. On this last trip the problem seemed to get worse, with the refrigerator supply 'flaming' is the only way I can think to describe it, where it constantly was flaring up like there was air in the line, or the regulator is malfunctioning, I suppose, and i could not get the stove or the outside stove top to light. The water heater would come on, and the fridge was staying on.
    After sitting overnight, the flame on the fridge evened out, and we were able to light the stove.
    *Both tanks were at least 3/4 full, and I could switch between tanks and have the same issue.
    Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering if it is the regulator.

Welcome AZCamper! It might be just air in the lines. But regulators do fail from time to time. I'd call GDRV at 574-825-9679 to see if they could send you a new regulator under warranty. If not, you can purchase a manometer to check that you have 11" of water column. That is the correct pressure for an RV propane system.

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      If not, you can purchase a manometer to check that you have 11" of water column. That is the correct pressure for an RV propane system.
      I know zip about manometers. Any specific recommendation with rationale?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I know zip about manometers. Any specific recommendation with rationale?
        Howard. This quick video shows how to do a static and a run test with a homemade manometer. If you look at his previous video, he shows how to build a manometer with simple parts. I'll put a link below to the commercial unit I use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyTx8VIE_kQ

Amazon Link:

https://smile.amazon.com/Yellow-Jack...2438634&sr=8-2

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by azcamper View Post
          Hello I have a 2020 Transcend 32BHS. I've been having problems with propane supply to the appliances recently, specifically to the stove where it will take a while to finally light a burner or the pilot. On this last trip the problem seemed to get worse, with the refrigerator supply 'flaming' is the only way I can think to describe it, where it constantly was flaring up like there was air in the line, or the regulator is malfunctioning, I suppose, and i could not get the stove or the outside stove top to light. The water heater would come on, and the fridge was staying on.
          After sitting overnight, the flame on the fridge evened out, and we were able to light the stove.
          *Both tanks were at least 3/4 full, and I could switch between tanks and have the same issue.
          Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering if it is the regulator.
          I’d doubt is this, but it’s possible you tripped your OPV in the tank. If you’ve got appliances on when you open the tank valve it can get tripped and you don’t get as much gas for as you should. To reset it, close both tank valves and make sure all your propane appliances are off (including the fridge). After a few seconds reopen the tank valve and try to light the stove and see if it’s improved. You can then turn the fridge and water heater back on.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
          X