Odd noise when using propane appliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd noise when using propane appliances

I have a 2019 303RLS. This is my 3rd rig, first GD, and I hear and odd noise that sounds like a high pitch hum when I turn on the cook top or the hot water heater with gas. it doesn’t make the noise when the refrigerator is running on Gas though. None of my other rigs did this so I can’t figure if this is a problem or just a nuance of the system. Thoughts?
    2020 303RLS - RAM 2500 Diesel - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Full timing

Originally posted by FindingMyPlace View Post
    I have a 2019 303RLS. This is my 3rd rig, first GD, and I hear and odd noise that sounds like a high pitch hum when I turn on the cook top or the hot water heater with gas. it doesn’t make the noise when the refrigerator is running on Gas though. None of my other rigs did this so I can’t figure if this is a problem or just a nuance of the system. Thoughts?
    Does it make the noise on both tanks? If so I’d think it could be the regulator.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

FindingMyPlace
      Welcome to our owners technical forum.

My switch-over regulator hums too. The more propane flow, the louder it gets. Not ideal . . . but, it does not seem to affect the flow of propane are the ability to automatically switch tanks.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Does it make the noise on both tanks? If so I’d think it could be the regulator.
        I haven’t tested this yet but will on my next trip.
        2020 303RLS - RAM 2500 Diesel - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
        Full timing

Comment

Working...
        X