Generator runtime on Propane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator runtime on Propane?

does anyone know what the average propane consumption is for an onan 5000 or 6500 generator?
    We just picked up our 380FL and it has generator prep so considering having one installed but was wondering how much propane it will burn over night f we dry camp or are anywhere unplugged.

Originally posted by Jetskimobile1 View Post
    does anyone know what the average propane consumption is for an onan 5000 or 6500 generator?
    We just picked up our 380FL and it has generator prep so considering having one installed but was wondering how much propane it will burn over night f we dry camp or are anywhere unplugged.
    I have the Onan 5500 and have found it will run about 10-12 hours on a 30 pound bottle, about 18 hrs on a 40 pound bottle. Thats running one a/c and the water heater and lights etc. They are a little thirstier than the gas models but are sure nice to have. I run mine sometimes if I'm towing 3-4 hours to a campsite in the Texas heat. It's sure nice to have the rig cooled down when you get there.
    Jeff
    2019 Solitude 375 RES
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Thank you, that's what I was thinking also. it wont be used often but wife wants to do these Harvest Host stops from time to time so will need to be on generator then. Have to tanks installed, will just also carry 2 spare tanks in case need arises and run low. have heard the 6500 is more efficient than the 5000 so may give it a try.
      Any issues with your 5000 running both A/C's and appliances?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetskimobile1 View Post
        Thank you, that's what I was thinking also. it wont be used often but wife wants to do these Harvest Host stops from time to time so will need to be on generator then. Have to tanks installed, will just also carry 2 spare tanks in case need arises and run low. have heard the 6500 is more efficient than the 5000 so may give it a try.
        Any issues with your 5000 running both A/C's and appliances?
        No issues at all. It will run both my 15K Coleman A/C's at the same time. I will click off one of them if I'm going to use the microwave just to not push my luck lol. I only have about 60 hours on my but it has been flawless.
        Jeff
        2019 Solitude 375 RES
        2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Working...
        X