Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety Reminder - LP Gas Detector - Expiration Date.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Reminder - LP Gas Detector - Expiration Date.

I know lots of you have GDRV units that are now approaching 5+ years or even older. Please remember to replace your LP gas detector five years after you purchased your RV. They are good for 60 months as indicated in this photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane Alarm 1a.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	22765
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Jim- I suspect this is me among others. With our 10/13 build and retail sale of 2/14 we fit the bill. The "retail sale" statement is interesting. Guess they wear out being "used" but not beginning until retail sale.

Where do you recommend to order one or get one from ?

Thanks, for pointing this out and any recommendations you have.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Here you go Canyonlight

https://smile.amazon.com/MTI-INDUSTR...s%2C205&sr=8-9

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

I pulled this from the installation manual - unit will tell you when to replace.

End of Life Signal –The Sensor has a 5 Year Service Life All 20-441-Pmodels include an End of Life (EOL) Signal indicating the sensor has reached the end of its service life and you must replace the alarm. The signal is the LED flashing RED RED GREEN GREEN with a beep every 25-30 seconds. The EOL Signal may be reset by pushing TEST / RESET button on the alarm. This will reset the EOL Signal for a period of 72 hours (3 days) for a total of up to 30 days. After 30 days the signal cannot be reset and the alarm must be replaced.

https://www.mtiindustries.com/wp-con...ies-Manual.pdf
        https://www.mtiindustries.com/produc...s/for-your-rv/

Hope this helps
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
          I pulled this from the installation manual - unit will tell you when to replace.

End of Life Signal –The Sensor has a 5 Year Service Life All 20-441-Pmodels include an End of Life (EOL) Signal indicating the sensor has reached the end of its service life and you must replace the alarm. The signal is the LED flashing RED RED GREEN GREEN with a beep every 25-30 seconds. The EOL Signal may be reset by pushing TEST / RESET button on the alarm. This will reset the EOL Signal for a period of 72 hours (3 days) for a total of up to 30 days. After 30 days the signal cannot be reset and the alarm must be replaced.

https://www.mtiindustries.com/wp-con...ies-Manual.pdf
          https://www.mtiindustries.com/produc...s/for-your-rv/

Hope this helps
          Keith
          Yoda Keith,

Is this an age limit whether the unit is powered or unpowered? I've not looked at this unit is detail and am wondering how the internal clock is powered. My battery switch completely kills all loads from the battery.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Yoda Keith,

Is this an age limit whether the unit is powered or unpowered? I've not looked at this unit is detail and am wondering how the internal clock is powered. My battery switch completely kills all loads from the battery.

Jim
            That's a good question for the manufacturer. I wonder if GD has contact information.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks, all (Jim, Keith, & Jim)......good information. Our 303 battery switch also kills the power to our alarm. I suspect only 5% or so of ours has been active/on. Considering that the RV is in storage for 8 months and then only used (battery power on/ plugged in to 120 V) about about 15% for the other 4 months, maybe the actual life will be much much more if it is based on usage. I will need to do some research unless someone has a definitive answer.

Dan
              Dan & Carol
              2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
              2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I guess one way to look at it is that if it still tests fine and the end of life signal hasn't sounded, why fiddle with it.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

I followed the Amazon link provided by TusconJim. Amazon states "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months." A delay in delivery may be a problem if the device may only be reset for up to one month
                  Michael & Nyla
                  2016 Reflection 303RLS
                  2014 RAM Laramie Diesel 2500

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                    I guess one way to look at it is that if it still tests fine and the end of life signal hasn't sounded, why fiddle with it.

Jim
                    Agree Jim. It would be nice though if disconnecting power is just playing the system and the time in usage will increase while the sensor is actually past due after 60 months. Maybe these should be replaced just prior to 60 months as general maintenance.

Jim

Comment

That's probably a better (safer) way to look at it.

Jim.
                      Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Working...
                      X