Propane level indicators - types and how they work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

yes, I fused the input to the power supply, but not the output.
    I'd think 1A would be more than sufficient?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ncitro -- sorry, keep thinking of questions. Did you use just the one power supply for both sensors or are there separate pwr supplies for each Mopeka?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        ncitro -- sorry, keep thinking of questions. Did you use just the one power supply for both sensors or are there separate pwr supplies for each Mopeka?
        When I first did it, I had one for each side, but as a part of my rewiring all the DC supplies when I replaced the inverter I moved the power supply to my main 12V connection stop and fed both sides off one supply. It works fine, given it’s meant to run off of a battery I’m sure there’s hardly any draw there.

And yeah I’d think one amp on the supply side would be more than enough. I might have done five cause that’s what I had in my set.

Edit: Spelling again
        Last edited by ncitro; 11-08-2020, 09:25 AM.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Even I first did it, I had one for each side, but as a part of my rewiring all the DC supplies when I replaced the inverter I moved the power supply to my main 12V connection stop and fed both sides off one supply. It works fine, given it’s meant to run off of a battery I’m sure there’s hardly any draw there.

And yeah I’d think one amp on the supply side would be more than enough. I might have done five cause that’s what I had in my set.
          Now that I think about it more, I can use the supply I have already for the LevelMate Pro. I'll have to double-check the output amperage specs.

I've taken this thread way OT at this point--my apologies to the OP.

Comment

Now that I think about it more, I can use the supply I have already for the LevelMate Pro. I'll have to double-check the output amperage specs.

For sure, I can’t believe it wouldn’t have enough for all three.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks Howard,

That is a great suggestion. I have the level mate pro as well and never even thought to wire that to the power supply too. This project just keeps getting more interesting all the time. The only problem I have now is to get the wire up to where I have the level mate pro beside the Nautulis. I just spray foamed the plumbing hole on Friday.

Rob
              Rob & Barb
              2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
              2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

No worries Howard - I am learning a lot here. Please continue.
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I used a Truma hand held tank level meter for several years with good success. When I switched to 40# bottles I bought aluminum tanks with integral float style gauges and they work beautifully.
                  2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
                  2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Comment

Working...
                  X