LP issue on 2020 Reflection 290BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP issue on 2020 Reflection 290BH

Has anyone had this problem? I don't seem to get enough pressure to operate my small WeberQ 100 gas grill when hooked to the auxiliary gas line in rear by outdoor stove . Flame very low then goes out. I have changed the burner and regulator on the grill. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi Applecider - Welcome to the forum.

This is a common problem when trying to run a stand-alone grill on the auxiliary gas port. The gas port is already regulated to a lower pressure (11 inches of water column) by the regulator on your propane tanks. When you attach your WeberQ, it is also regulating the pressure and there is not enough pressure for it to run. There are a few ways to solve this.

1. Run the Weber with a screw on green propane bottle.
    2. Purchase an adapter so you are getting pressure right from your main tank to the Weber without going through the RV's regulator.
    3. Purchase an adapter kit for your Weber so that it no longer uses a regulator when tapping into the regulated RV propane system. This video will show how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hb6uuNmxsQ

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by applecider View Post
      Has anyone had this problem? I don't seem to get enough pressure to operate my small WeberQ 100 gas grill when hooked to the auxiliary gas line in rear by outdoor stove . Flame very low then goes out. I have changed the burner and regulator on the grill. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
      What Jim said. I have a Q100 and use it all of the time off of the propane quick connect on our 297RSTS. I have removed the regulator and put together the adapters with a 10' quick connect hose as Jim suggests in #3 and it works great.

Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
      X