Propane line abrasion near refer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane line abrasion near refer

Via the internet, I became aware of a future safety recall on a large number of Solitudes. The concern is that a propane line could be in contact with the refrigerator burner tube resulting in a fire risk. I decided to take a look at mine. I have attached a picture of what i found. Needless to say, the fire risk for me was very near.
    Hoping to expedite repair, I called GD Customer Service. I mentioned the anticipated safety recall, and was immediately challenged by the customer service rep as to "where did I get this info". I replied "on the internet". (I went back to research where, and found it is in a Consumer Affairs post). I then said that regardless of the authenticity of a safety recall, I had a problem with "wear" on my refer line. I was hoping to front load my problem, so when I took it to my local service center, the repair would be quickly approved and parts in place. (I hoping to leave town for an extended trip in less than 30 days). No such luck. The GD Customer Service Rep offered no help and said it had to first be looked at by the service center.(which in my experience, is a slow, time consuming process)
    No help there. Must say the conversation was disappointing. I have my appointment at a Service Center.
    Anyway, if you own a Solitude, you might want to open the lower refer access and check out your propane lines. If you have the problem I found, you may avert a tragedy.
    Pat (Red) & Sue
    2019 Solitude ST310GK
    2017 Ram 3500 Diesel

Originally posted by Bubblehead View Post
    Via the internet, I became aware of a future safety recall on a large number of Solitudes. The concern is that a propane line could be in contact with the refrigerator burner tube resulting in a fire risk. I decided to take a look at mine. I have attached a picture of what i found. Needless to say, the fire risk for me was very near.
    Hoping to expedite repair, I called GD Customer Service. I mentioned the anticipated safety recall, and was immediately challenged by the customer service rep as to "where did I get this info". I replied "on the internet". (I went back to research where, and found it is in a Consumer Affairs post). I then said that regardless of the authenticity of a safety recall, I had a problem with "wear" on my refer line. I was hoping to front load my problem, so when I took it to my local service center, the repair would be quickly approved and parts in place. (I hoping to leave town for an extended trip in less than 30 days). No such luck. The GD Customer Service Rep offered no help and said it had to first be looked at by the service center.(which in my experience, is a slow, time consuming process)
    No help there. Must say the conversation was disappointing. I have my appointment at a Service Center.
    Anyway, if you own a Solitude, you might want to open the lower refer access and check out your propane lines. If you have the problem I found, you may avert a tragedy.
    I just looked at the GDRV recall page on their website (Link attached). The recall is listed there, but it says the release date is 9/28/20. Since GDRV has it posted on their own website, there shouldn't even be a question of "where did you get this info?".

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-support/recalls

Based on our recent experience with the latest Reflection recall, GDRV will not approve owner recall corrections. So it looks like you are going to be at the front of the line with getting this done at your service center.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Wasn’t aware of the recall website. Thanks for info
      your comment about doing recalls is interesting. I had a previous recall on panel behind the microwave and they sent me the kit so I could do it. Maybe the difference is in level of recall. I don’t think it had a “safety” label. This does.
      Pat (Red) & Sue
      2019 Solitude ST310GK
      2017 Ram 3500 Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Bubblehead View Post
        Wasn’t aware of the recall website. Thanks for info
        your comment about doing recalls is interesting. I had a previous recall on panel behind the microwave and they sent me the kit so I could do it. Maybe the difference is in level of recall. I don’t think it had a “safety” label. This does.
        The microwave thing was not a "recall", it was a "customer satisfaction campaign" (or something to that effect). Huge difference.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The microwave thing was not a "recall", it was a "customer satisfaction campaign" (or something to that effect). Huge difference.
          Howard, do you happen to know what models the microwave issue include? I think it talked about possible fire, and I also saw it and was confused if it included my trailer or not.
          Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
          2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
          2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post

Howard, do you happen to know what models the microwave issue include? I think it talked about possible fire, and I also saw it and was confused if it included my trailer or not.
            Highpointe and Furrion, Steve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Satisfaction.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	37170
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Highpointe and Furrion, Steve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Satisfaction.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	37170
              Thank you Howard. I’ve been off line a while, and as usual, you don’t disappoint!
              Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
              2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
              2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Working...
              X