Gas Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Pressure

We have a 2020 Solitude 310 GK-R. The propane gas pressure is really low, when the cooktop has one burner on and you light the over the burner goes off. Both tanks are full, I have changed from side to side does not matter which tank they are both the same. Could I have a defective regulator? I have looked at the gas lines for crimps and bends but found nothing wrong.
    On the door side there is a small red regulator, what is it for?
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R (Gypsy) vin #573FS3622L9905461. 2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins diesel DRW 6 speed auto, 3:42 gears ( Big Red )

Possible, but before you swap, close the valves on both tanks and then reopen them slowly. There is a safety device that greatly restricts flow of the valves are opened quickly.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I agree with Jkwilson . If you open the cylinder valve with a appliance valve open , stove top burner turned on before opening the cylinder , this could cause a low pressure. The red regulator is to provide a lower pressure from the door side to the off door side so there is not a high pressure gas filled line inside the storage area of the RV. You may also have a faulty regulator or even a faulty solenoid at the stove.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
        Possible, but before you swap, close the valves on both tanks and then reopen them slowly. There is a safety device that greatly restricts flow of the valves are opened quickly.
        It is amazing what I learn here - never knew that. Now I wonder what gray cell got replaced with that new information - probably wont miss it.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Here's another one for you.

The proper procedure is. Shut off propane use off in the unit. Disconnect the tank. (This causes the safety device in the tank to reset), then reconnect, and SLOWLY open the tank.

However, sometimes on older tanks the safety device get's stuck. You can attempt to reset it by flipping the disconnected tank upside down. Note, I've only seen this need to happen once in the last 30 years of being around propane, and that tank should have been retired anyways. Since tanks have to be replaced every 12 years, it shouldn't ever come up.

Mike
          2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
            Yoda Here's another one for you.

The proper procedure is. Shut off propane use off in the unit. Disconnect the tank. (This causes the safety device in the tank to reset), then reconnect, and SLOWLY open the tank.

However, sometimes on older tanks the safety device get's stuck. You can attempt to reset it by flipping the disconnected tank upside down. Note, I've only seen this need to happen once in the last 30 years of being around propane, and that tank should have been retired anyways. Since tanks have to be replaced every 12 years, it shouldn't ever come up.
            Thanks Its amazing what I have been doing wrong. Just throw (well struggle and grunt) the tank in place, hook it up and then whip the valve open. It's probably luck I haven't tripped the leak system.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X