Feeding a propane fire pit from outdoor kitchen propane outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding a propane fire pit from outdoor kitchen propane outlet

Hi, I'm buying this propane powered fire pit : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm wondering if I can connect it to the propane outlet that's already set up to run my outdoor kitchen stove. RV is a 2021 Imagine 23BHE

Has anyone tried this before? My concern is if this propane feed point will have enough pressure to fully run the outdoor fireplace as it's designed ; in other words, does this outlet have enough pressure to make a nice sized flame in the firepit?

Most likely it won't work with two regulators. The RV port is already regulated to 11 inches water column.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by CS1985 View Post
      Hi, I'm buying this propane powered fire pit : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm wondering if I can connect it to the propane outlet that's already set up to run my outdoor kitchen stove. RV is a 2021 Imagine 23BHE

Has anyone tried this before? My concern is if this propane feed point will have enough pressure to fully run the outdoor fireplace as it's designed ; in other words, does this outlet have enough pressure to make a nice sized flame in the firepit?
      As TucsonJim stated it will not work with 2 regulators. You will need to remove the regulator on the fire pit. I run my Weber BabyQ from the propane outlet on the trailer for the outdoor kitchen but I had to remove the regulator and add a quick connect hose. If you do that the fire pit will work just as intended.

PS just remember when working with propane connections to use a 50/50 mixture of dish detergent and water and look for bubbles at all connections before you light it for the first time to ensure you don't have a propane leak. Quick connect does not need to be checked.

Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

All, thanks for the replies. I should have clarified in my first post that I do plan on removing the regulator that comes with the fire pit. So, after having removed the regulator, what pieces would I need to add to that end of the hose in order to connect it to the RV's quick connect?

Comment

Originally posted by CS1985 View Post
          All, thanks for the replies. I should have clarified in my first post that I do plan on removing the regulator that comes with the fire pit. So, after having removed the regulator, what pieces would I need to add to that end of the hose in order to connect it to the RV's quick connect?
          I have a similar fire pit. Unscrew the hose at the connection by the adjustment knob. You can get a replacement hose that has that same size connector on one end and a quick disconnect on the other end. They come in different lengths and can be gotten on Amazon.

Use natural gas or propane rated thread tape (yellow or pink (?)) when attaching the new hose.

Charles and Susan
          2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
          Andersen Hitch
          2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Thanks Charles, I've found the hose on Amazon and ordered it.

Comment

Working...
            X