Propane quits flowing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane quits flowing.

We have a 2018 Imagine 2500. Our stove will only light if I close and disconnect tank. After a while I will connect tank. Open slowly. Go in and the burners will light. Let them burn a while. Shut them off and they won't re-light unless i go through the close, disconnect, connect and open process again.

Originally posted by swally View Post
    We have a 2018 Imagine 2500. Our stove will only light if I close and disconnect tank. After a while I will connect tank. Open slowly. Go in and the burners will light. Let them burn a while. Shut them off and they won't re-light unless i go through the close, disconnect, connect and open process again.
    First welcome to the forum. When you get a chance please read the welcome letter.

First check the propane lines to make sure all valves are open and no kinks. There should be a valve below the kitchen running along the frame. This may sound dumb but is your tank full? Do you have the selector switch on the regulator turned to the tank you are using. I remember a post where the lever was turned to the middle between the tanks and it caused issues.Try having both tanks open and see what happens and try switching to the other tank.

Hope this helps
    Keith

BTW pictures of your tanks and regulator lever setting might help.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The two-stage regulator is a common failure item. In your shoes that's the component I'd suspect and replace.

Let me quickly add that I am far from a propane expert--just passing along what I've (often) read.

Noted that was your first post, so please take a moment to learn more about Grand Design's forum by reading the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Please post back with the resolution--information sharing is the power behind an owners' forum!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Rirst, let's see if you have a propane delivery problem or a stove problem.

If you turn the water heater to "gas", does it light? Does the furnace light and run a full cycle? If so, then it's most likely a problem with your stove or the lines running to the stove.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Furnace and water heater not lighting. I did just notice a humming sound from the regulator when turned on the gas valve

Comment

Furnace and water heater not lighting. I did just notice a humming sound from the regulator when turned on the gas valve
            I’d suspect the regulator or kinked line then. Does it do the same thing regardless of which tank you point it to?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Could be a bad propane tank valve. They have a safety valve built into them and if there is a problem with it or the connector it can cause issues.

Do you have dual tanks? Have you tried running off the other tank? May sound like a dumb question, but this will eliminate the tank as being the problem if it does it with both and point you toward the selector valve / regulator assembly.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have tried both tanks. Going to go with a new regulator. Let you know how it turns out. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Ours did the same thing, it was the regulator. They replaced it with a different model. The fancy ones with the gauges from the factory are crap.

Comment

I got a new regulator. All good for now. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I got a new regulator. All good for now. Thanks for the info.
                      Thats great, thanks for the update!

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hi, 2020 2670MK - all kinds of Propane issues. Stove would not get gas, furnace would not work, refrigerator would not work (although I bought a new Circuit Card - and it works now) Replaced the OE hoses to the tank with new Stainless jacketed ones with Gauges and then finally replaced the Regulator - Everything works. Although I still think there is an issue with the Batter On/OFF Switch and whether things work.

Comment

We are in the same boat. Our tanks ran out. We refilled and they won’t work. We are on 30 amp at the moment and want to run some gas. It also kicks the reset switch so I have to go outside behind the fridge and push the reset. Total pain.

Please please tell me where this regulator is and how difficult is it to replace? Can it be ordered? We are far from a place for service.

Comment

Jules2436
                            If you provide information on which Grand Design model you have, we might be able to assist.

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Jules2436 , does your stove light?
                              John
                              2018 Momentum 395M
                              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
                              X