Questionable routing of propane line under unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable routing of propane line under unit

Hi all, I wanted to get some feedback before I contact GD customer service about what I think is improper routing of the propane line under my unit. I will let the pictures speak for themselves but as you can see the main line that feeds the distribution block for some reason has a very sharp bend (almost a fold) in it for whatever reason and is obviously straining the line and appears to be partially kinking it. So far all of the appliances upstream of this kink (stove top/oven, HW heater and fridge) appear to be working without issue. However, I am concerned with the longterm integrity of this line due to the strain on it. Also, it does create a low point concern as well as it hangs below the frame rails and could potentially get caught on something as a result....

Would like to hear some feedback from you on whether my concerns are warranted or if this is completely normal in your mid.

Attached Files
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Heavysledz Wow! That does not look good at all. Needs to be fixed, definitely. That shouldn't have left the factory that way. Good luck.
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by DarnDave View Post
      Heavysledz Wow! That does not look good at all. Needs to be fixed, definitely. That shouldn't have left the factory that way. Good luck.
      Thanks Dave....that's what I was thinking as well.....Not sure how it past GD's pre-delivery inspection before the transport company picked it up. Just glad that all of the appliance work in the mean time...
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      USMC Veteran

Comment

Mine is not that bad, but where mine goes from the drivers side frame rail over to the passenger side frame rail, it hangs down way more than I like. My plan is to get a 5' length of aluminum 1" angle and use it to span diagonally across the frame rails and provide a secure point to fasten the hose to. So, in general it does seem that the propane routing could use some quality control scrutiny.
        2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

Originally posted by jlackman View Post
          Mine is not that bad, but where mine goes from the drivers side frame rail over to the passenger side frame rail, it hangs down way more than I like. My plan is to get a 5' length of aluminum 1" angle and use it to span diagonally across the frame rails and provide a secure point to fasten the hose to. So, in general it does seem that the propane routing could use some quality control scrutiny.
          I would have to agree
          Jeff and Debbie
          2021 Imagine 2250RK
          USMC Veteran

Comment

Heavysledz ... that's not right. I can't cite chapter-and-verse why or what it should be, but I can identify "ugly" when I see it.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

As one would say, "Oh, hell no. That's not right.".
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Heavysledz I wonder if you can trim back the foam a little and shove the line up inside the coroplast. It looks like it got pulled down and then foamed in place. Definitely not what I would consider a proper install. Now I need to go look at my propane lines (even though on a different model) to see if there are any issues.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks to everyone for giving a sanity check.....I have to call GD customer service anyways regarding the TireLinc TPMS prep wiring issue that many of the Imagine owners are experiencing so I will bring this top as well.
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

Working...
                  X