Propane Odor Inside When Propane Tank Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Odor Inside When Propane Tank Low

We get a strong Propane odor Inside our rig everytime our Propane tank gets close to empty. Seems to only happen when the furnace is on. The odor appears to be coming through all of the heater vents. I checked the outside heater exhaust vents and only one of them is blowing exhaust. This happen to anyone else? Thanks in advance.

That is not normal. If I run out of propane, there is no odor at all. I'd recommend that you consult with your dealership or an RV service technician if you have any doubt about your safety.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you Jim!

Comment

Update: Replaced all lines and regulators at and between the tanks. The culprit was how GDRV runs the propane line through the square steel tube between the tanks. The inside of the tube had sharp metal burrs which perforated the original line. I lined the square tube with sched 40 1" pvc pipe (many short sections with couplers) and ran the new line in the pvc. Problem solved. I had GDRV service confirm the fix was good and acceptable when we had our rig at their Middlebury IN service center.

Comment

Working...
        X