Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Propane Supply Line Replacement

Hi everyone!

Today I was attempting to replace the (soon to be) recalled LP regulator on our 2021 22MLE. Long story short, I overtorqued when reattaching and split nut on the supply line to the trailer. Looking to possibly replace on my own, I found a 6’ line on etrailers. We store offsite; does anyone know the length of the line from regulator to first manifold junction? Kicking myself - we leave Friday for a trip to Deception Pass State Park straight from work.
    Brady & Amy

2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2019 Ram 1500 Limited
    Woodinville, WA

Hi BradyInThePNW Welcome to the Forum and the family. It sucks that your first post is a problem, and I'm sorry that I don't have an intelligent answer (lots of them otherwise). I'm sure that someone with a reasonable answer will be by shortly, but to hedge you bets you may want to send your question to Customer Service along with your VIN Number.
    I would also call a few propane suppliers in the area and see if they can possibly replace the fitting or have a replacement if you bring it to them. Looking at the diagram provides some numbers but not anything I found as workable.
    Last edited by ThePowells; 06-20-2021, 10:41 PM.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Your not going to like my answer. I just looked under my 2021 22MLE. That line runs to the back of the trailer with the first junction located near the dump valves. It is about 20 feet long! you may want to see if there is someone near you that can either fix your line or put in a junction closer to the tanks.
      Sorry for the bad info,
      Brian
      Last edited by bridgway; 06-21-2021, 12:14 AM.
      2018 GMC HD Denali Duramax
      2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      Reese Dual-Cam straight-line hitch

Comment

Here is the link to the parts breakdown page. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/71604 Maybe a brighter bulb can decipher the numbers as far how long your LP line is.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Just making a guess. The dash number is length in inches.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by BradyInThePNW View Post
            Hi everyone!

Today I was attempting to replace the (soon to be) recalled LP regulator on our 2021 22MLE. Long story short, I overtorqued when reattaching and split nut on the supply line to the trailer. Looking to possibly replace on my own, I found a 6’ line on etrailers. We store offsite; does anyone know the length of the line from regulator to first manifold junction? Kicking myself - we leave Friday for a trip to Deception Pass State Park straight from work.
            I understand your situation. I changed my Winntec regulator in advance of the rumored recall later this month. Removing the mainline from the fitting wasn't too bad but getting the fitting out of the old Winntec regulator was a bear. I thought I was going to have to go buy a new fitting to install.

I would try ThePowells suggestion to locate an LP dealer and see if they can replace the fitting on your hose. I know my mainline has about 8 inches upfront that is excess.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

As much as I dislike the answer, I can’t thank you all enough for the help! I am reaching out to some local propane companies to see about a repair. I did find the hose in the parts lookup and have a quote from Flex-Tech for a replacement. That’ll be Plan B at this point. I also couldn’t get the fitting out of the old regulator and headed out to buy a new one. By then I had already broken the fitting when I put it back together with the old regulator. Good times!
              Last edited by BradyInThePNW; 06-21-2021, 05:08 PM.
              Brady & Amy

2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2019 Ram 1500 Limited
              Woodinville, WA

Comment

Just to put a bow on the story. We headed up to Deception Pass as planned and stopped at Northwest Propane in Mount Vernon on a lark. In spite of being appointment only for service, they came out to the parking lot and replaced the ferrel and nut. Ten minute detour when I couldn’t get much help back home, they made this trip and next weekends a lot more enjoyable. Shout out to that team and to all the great members of this forum!
                Brady & Amy

2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                2019 Ram 1500 Limited
                Woodinville, WA

Comment

We're glad you have a resolution and thanks for sharing with us.
                  Nash County, NC
                  2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                  X