Tire Blowout Propane Line Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Blowout Propane Line Damage

Traveling on Thursday past, our rear "door side" tire came apart. It critically damaged the propane lines to the outside kitchen (including shut-off valve and quick release connector) and to the refrigerator on the slide. Looking for a routing to determine lengths. Also, can those lines be changed from rubber hose to hardlines with rubber lines in the appropriate locations?

Last edited by howson; 06-27-2021, 02:08 PM. Reason: Fixed sig line
    2019 Reflection 290BH
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Diesel

RVForce2019

Can't help with your specific question but I did put your signature line in the right place. You were trying so I helped.

I'm sure one of the gurus here will have an input for you soon.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by RVForce2019 View Post
      Traveling on Thursday past, our rear "door side" tire came apart. It critically damaged the propane lines to the outside kitchen (including shut-off valve and quick release connector) and to the refrigerator on the slide. Looking for a routing to determine lengths. Also, can those lines be changed from rubber hose to hardlines with rubber lines in the appropriate locations?
      I suppose you could run lines in black pipe. My home was piped in black pipe on propane and now natural gas. Black pipe rusts but rubber hose deteriorates so I believe one is as good as the other.

Jim

Comment

Black pipe will work and hold up to flying tire tread.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

RVForce2019 Our last t.t. had black pipe. I liked that as it was tough. I would use it in your circumstance. The adapters and new hose to the appliances should be readily available.

Dave
          flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

You can use type L 3/8 tubing copper. You can flare it, silver Solder it.That’s what we used in commercial and residential gas piping.BENDS EASY. 600 psi working press.
            Last edited by Gibsonguy; 07-21-2021, 09:33 PM.
            2020 Momentum 25G
            2017 F250 gasser
            Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

Comment

If anyone knows the specifics of the size and type of the rubber lines GD uses along with the connector specs that would be helpful info. Its always nice to know of a repair parts source BEFORE I actually need one
              2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
                If anyone knows the specifics of the size and type of the rubber lines GD uses along with the connector specs that would be helpful info. Its always nice to know of a repair parts source BEFORE I actually need one
                It usually takes a bit of detective work to find specifics to this level of detail. Browse the Parts Lookup website (link on menu bar above). Once you find what you're looking for, use the description to try and find the actual part online from another source. (GD only lists their internal part number, not the OEM's.)

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I was hoping someone else would know the info or do the work for me
                  2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
                  X