2020 Imagine 22RBE propane flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Imagine 22RBE propane flow

I am having issues with my 2020 Imagine. Several actually, but here is the latest. I am not getting gas flow to my stove or water heater but I AM getting flow to my refrigerator. I am aware of the regulator recall and I have replaced it a couple months ago when I noticed the original had gone bad (before I received the recall notice). Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Sailorbob83 View Post
    I am having issues with my 2020 Imagine. Several actually, but here is the latest. I am not getting gas flow to my stove or water heater but I AM getting flow to my refrigerator. I am aware of the regulator recall and I have replaced it a couple months ago when I noticed the original had gone bad (before I received the recall notice). Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.
    The layout (according to GD's LP Plan drawing for your Imagine) has a 1/2" main line going from the regulator to the rear of the camper.

The first distro box has a "T" connection with a 3/8" line going to the range. (Note the 3/8".)

The second distro box has two connections--a 3/8 to the furnace and a 5/16 (slightly smaller line) to the refrigerator.

The final distro box has another 5/16 line that feeds the water heater.

I could be totally wrong...but assuming you took pains to make sure there was no air in the lines...what could have happened is debris small enough to clog the 3/8" lines (but too large for the 5/16" lines) somehow got into the system. Thus the 3/8 lines are clogged but not the 5/16 lines.

If your water heater and refrigerator (5/16" lines) work on propane but the furnace and range do not (3/8" lines) that's all I can think of.

Please report back when it's resolved.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

what could have happened is debris small enough to clog the 3/8" lines (but too large for the 5/16" lines) somehow got into the system. Thus the 3/8 lines are clogged but not the 5/16 lines.

Howard
      That's interesting. What would be the process for removing the debris? Open both ends of the hose and use some compressed air to move it along?

​​​​​
      ​​​​​
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
        That's interesting. What would be the process for removing the debris? Open both ends of the hose and use some compressed air to move it along?​​​​​
        That could work. I've never (personally) troubleshot a clogged propane line so my .02 is theoretical. At minimum opening the lines and inspecting for FOD (or "foreign object debris"--what we called it in the USAF) is where I'd start. Hard to understand how it could be anything else if the other components in the trailer work off of propane with no issues. The only common denominator is the line size.

But...been wrong before and certainly will be again, so I hope the OP reports back. That's how all of us learn here--owners helping other owners.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I will let you know. I am going to stop by the dealer today and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
          X