Outdoor grill on momentum 25g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor grill on momentum 25g

Good day fellow campers. We bought a 25g momentum and I removed the outdoor grill and mini fridge for more storage space. I bought a little portable bbq and adapter and hooked it up to the same place were you hook up the stove that comes from the factory. Problem is that the grill flames don’t get high and the portable bbq doesn’t get hot to cook on. So my question is is there some sort of pressure/flow issue in using a portable grill versus the stock stove? Is the little one pound bottle operate at a different level than the rv system? Yes all other appliances in the rv work as they should water heater, furnace etc. thanks for any feed back.

Joer6 Welcome to the forum.

You may need to supply a bit more information. On the grill you purchased, does it have a regulator? If so, then that regulator most likely needs to be removed as you are tapping into an already regulated system on the side of the camper. This will severely limit the gas pressure to the grill.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

I don’t know if the little bbq grill has a regulator or not on the side. It’s basically the fitting we’re you screw a one pound bottle into and has the knob you turn higher or lower. If that is a regulator then yes that would be a second regulator in the system.

Comment

Yes you need to tap in directly to the grill without the regulator, or you’ll need to tee off the tank directly and used a long hose to go back to where you use the grill with high pressure propane. Some grills are specifically designed to connect to be low pressure port on an RV, a lot of us use Blackstones for this reason, but I think Weber makes a few as well.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Joer6 Yeah the control knob, if that's where the bottle screw on, is most likely the regulator also. I have a cheap gas grill that gets used for various things on the 1 lb cans and the regulator, flame control, and bottle adapter are all one cast AL piece.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Joer6 You may be able to remove the regulator on your grill and convert it to a quick connect. Lots of info on google and youtube on this and lots of parts available on Amazon if you are comfortable playing with gas fittings (not overly complicated). Try searching "convert [insert your brand of grill] to low pressure" and you will likely find all sorts of info. Not all can be easily converted though. If it can't, you will have to do as Neil suggests and tee off one of the main tanks (before the main regulator). Easily done with a readily available Y fitting that screws on the tank.

Good luck!
            Ken & Sandra
            2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys!! We are close to our last trip of the season so this will be a winter project more than likely. But again thanks for all the feedback!!

Comment

Joer6 Welcome to the forum and the Family!.​​​​​​​

When you get a chance, check out the forum welcome letter which will hopefully make your forum usage a little easier.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                X