No announcement yet.

Oven weird behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schiefswret -- my post above shows how to access the orifice. Clean the orifice with denatured alcohol DO NOT poke anything into the orifice.

Also, remember that (at minimum) a Pressure Drop Test of the propane system is required if the system is disconnected. If you don't have (or know how to use) a manometer and how to do this test...best to skip this task until you get someone to train you (in person).

Propane is safe if handled correctly, but can ruin a good day if all the applicable maintenance steps are not done. Proceed with caution. No shame in hiring a qualified RV technician when you need one.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Schiefswret (Dave),
      As I wrote on the Furrion Oven Parts thread, the first thing to know is TTBOMK you can't buy a replacement part for the Furrion range.

A couple of things I learned playing with the oven today in class.

1) If the thermocouple is disconnected (unscrewed) from the thermostat, the oven burner and the pilot will not light. Based on that, a couple of questions.

Q1: Does the pilot light stay on when the burner turns off?

Q2: If the pilot goes out, too, can you immediately relight the pilot?

If the answer to Q1 is "yes" it is unlikely that the thermocouple is the problem.

If the answers to Q1 and Q2 are both "no", there's likely an issue with the thermocouple. Which means a new range if you want to use the oven with OEM parts. (No idea if there's an aftermarket or alternative that will work. I'd be very hesitant about installing a thermocouple without knowing it is compatible with the Furrion thermostat.)

If the answer to Q2 is "yes" (the pilot will immediately relight) it could be a regulator issue. Have you done a manometer check to ensure the gas pressure before and after the secondary regulator is correct?

A classmate just asked me, "Does it stay lit with the door open?" If the answer to that (let's call it Q3) is "yes", the problem could be the vent through the bottom of the door is passing air to the burner. By any chance is there aluminum foil lining the bottom of the oven? (That could block off the air required for combustion.)

Finally, it is possible to remove the oven's burner orifice to clean it.

The burner assembly easily comes out by removing two bolts and pulling it forward out of the stove. The picture below shows the bolts removed. You can do a visual inspection of the orifice with the burner removed.

Click image for larger version Name:	burner unbolted.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	69211

Click image for larger version Name:	orifice inspection.JPG Views:	0 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	69213

If the orifice looks clogged, it is possible to remove it for cleaning. Remember: DO NOT poke anything into the orifice's hole. Damaging the brass orifice could change the BTU output (too much gas).

Country Campers -- FYI

Assuming the burner is out as shown previously,
      In pic 1 below, on the back of the oven there's a panel that easily comes off.
      Pic 2 is the oven's burner gas line. I disconnected this line.
      Pic 3 is a 14mm nut over the orifice housing. I accessed the nut from the front (reaching through the oven interior).
      Pic 4 is the "L" with the orifice embedded removed from the oven.
      Pic 5 is the orifice.

Click image for larger version Name:	orifice.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	69212

Hope this helps.

Howard
      Howard, (and others) much thanks for all your efforts. I’ll take this under my belt and give it a whirl and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again!!

Note: I've been contacted by GD Service with an inquiry about my situation so I'm discussing it with DeWayne and will keep alcon advised.
      I appreciate everyones contributions.
      Last edited by Schiefswret; 11-06-2021, 09:11 AM.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Working...
      X