Tank(Cylinder) monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank(Cylinder) monitor

Does anyone use the Lippert propane monitors or have any feedback on them?
    2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
    Traded 2021 Reflection 337
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
    Formerly M&K337

Originally posted by M&K337 View Post
    Does anyone use the Lippert propane monitors or have any feedback on them?

I’ve never used the Lippert but I can vouch for the Mopeka, with a slight modification. They come setup to use a watch battery and worked okay but the range was poor and inconsistent. I converted then to run off a small power supply, which is fed by my house batteries and now they're rock solid. No batteries to change and great range and accuracy. You set them for the side of your tank and can set alerts for when the level gets to whatever you like. I set my primary to alert when empty (and changeover happens) and my secondary to alert when 20% is left (time to start worrying).

Click image for larger version

Name:	206ACA00-57D8-4519-AB6E-BB01345420A3.png
Views:	539
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	72473
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I copied what Neil did and I've had the same result. I was so frustrated with the batteries, the Mopekas were in a junk draw. When I read what Neil had done I gave them another try. Now that they are connected to a constant 3V power source the sensors are great (once sync'd up).

No experience with the Lippert product...

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ncitro howson Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the Mopeka before. I liked that the Lippert will integrate with the LCI control.
        2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
        Traded 2021 Reflection 337
        2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
        Formerly M&K337

Comment

ncitro howson Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the Mopeka before. I liked that the Lippert will integrate with the LCI control.
          Ah gotcha. Howard and I don't have that.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hi All,

Do you have any pictures or docs on your Mopeka power conversion project? i have added to my 28BH and would like to modify before the battery changing process begins.

Thanks
            Al
            Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
            RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
            PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

allenrude
              Hi Al,

See this thread, particularly ncitro Neil's post #4.
              ​​​​​​https://gdrvowners.com/forum/propane...e-tank-sensors

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have the Lippert propane monitors on order along with their temperature sensors. I'll update if they ever get shipped. Been waiting since Nov 22.
                Tony
                2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
                2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Comment

Working...
                X