Dometic fridge goes off constantly under way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic fridge goes off constantly under way

Good morning and thanks in advance for the help. We have a Dometic RV fridge in our 2019 Thor Axis. It runs fine on propane when we are not moving, but It goes off constantly while we are moving. I have to turn it on and off, it’s good for a while, then off again. Anyone else experience this?

Originally posted by Pamono View Post
    Good morning and thanks in advance for the help. We have a Dometic RV fridge in our 2019 Thor Axis. It runs fine on propane when we are not moving, but It goes off constantly while we are moving. I have to turn it on and off, it’s good for a while, then off again. Anyone else experience this?
    Just wanted to let you know that this is a Grand Design RV owned site.

Your Dometic fridge is probably getting the flame blown out by the wind while traveling. You would have to remove the lower vent panel on the outside of the RV where you gain access to the rear of the fridge. Look in this area for the gas block and the heater tube, usually on the lower right, check to see if you could add a wind deflector on the vent panel to help you with this issue.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I had a Norcold fridge that did the same thing. Each time we stopped we had to turn it back on. I think your analysis is correct, the wind blows the flame out.

I have since replaced it with a DC compressor fridge and no longer have that issue. However, if you are boondocking, the DC fridge will drain your battery (depending on battery bank) if not careful with other energy consumption....
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Pamono Welcome to the Family and the forum!
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

On a previous brand trailer I had to install a wind baffle for the propane to remain lit while travelling.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Working...
          X