Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper propane line connection sealant (not tank connections)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper propane line connection sealant (not tank connections)

In the next few days I plan to unhook the propane connections so I can examine the cross over line for damage when I put screws into the cross over tube. The connections appear to have some sort of sealant or thread lock on them. Can someone tell me the proper stuff to use? Also are the threaded connections std. IE counter clockwise to loosen, or are they like the propane tank connections - reversed/left hand threads?

Thanks for any help
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

if they are left hand thread there should be a ring style marking on the wrench surface
    2021 Solitude 390RK
    No truck - don't travel

Comment

Hi Keith,

When I reinstalled mine, I used Teflon tape for gas lines. It is typically yellow instead of the typical white color. It can be found in most hardware and home improvement stores.

https://smile.amazon.com/D-N-Industr...%2C2942&sr=8-3

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

All the fittings except the connection to the cylinder valve are right-hand threads. Besides the yellow teflon tape there is a pipe dope for pipe thread gas connections.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

When I swapped out the regulator as part of the recall, I just used the yellow gas line tape too. I was not able to find an pipe dope for gas lines around, and I wanted to get the swap done quickly, so tape it was! When doing that swap though, I learned that the flared fittings do not need any sealant on them.
          2019 Imagine 2400BH
          2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think I have some of that yellow tape somewhere. I did not know it was for propane/gas lines - learned something new. Otherwise I will see what HD has..need to make a trip there anyway.
            Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith, I've had good luck with this stuff on just about everything threaded: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RectorSe...5790/100144191

You can also use loctite (hope you never need to pull it apart) and most if not all of the propane stuff since it's regular NPT is standard conventional right hand tapered threading. so righty tighty lefty loosey.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X