Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location of recall propane quick disconnects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of recall propane quick disconnects?

I received a recall notice today for possible cracks/leaks in an unnamed propane quick disconnect on my 2022 Reflection fifth wheel.

Question: Does anyone know where the affected quick disconnect is located so that I can take an immediate look?

There's no way I can take it to a dealership anytime soon. Even if I did, grand design said it takes at least 2-3 weeks for them to ship replacement parts to dealerships.

Fyi, grand design won't say where the quick disconnect is located because they don't want liability for owners looking on their own....

Since this is a safety recall, I'd suggest that you get it resolved through official channels.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TravelOn77 View Post
      I received a recall notice today for possible cracks/leaks in an unnamed propane quick disconnect on my 2022 Reflection fifth wheel.

Question: Does anyone know where the affected quick disconnect is located so that I can take an immediate look?

There's no way I can take it to a dealership anytime soon. Even if I did, grand design said it takes at least 2-3 weeks for them to ship replacement parts to dealerships.

Fyi, grand design won't say where the quick disconnect is located because they don't want liability for owners looking on their own....
      Jim is correct = its safety related so talk with your dealer about ordering parts. You can also check with GD about having a remote service teck do it. Now having said that the only quick disconnect I know of on our trailers is the outside one for connecting external appliances (grill, etc) Look in your owners manual for the location on your trailer. Mine is Curb side on the frame. It has a shut off valve. Other than that fitting all of my other appliance connections are hard connected with flared compression fittings common to propane appliances.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Just as an FYI mine had quite a few originally. There was the one for the outside stove and my original RV fridge and stove were fed with them as well. Keep in mind all the rigs are different unfortunately.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

TravelOn77
          I have a 320G fifth wheel and I have a quick disconnect under my kitchen slide that goes to my fridge and stove I assume.

Jim
          Jim and Cindy
          2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
          2021 320G

Comment

I think on our 303 there is one on each side (traveling cannot verify). One on curb side (entrance door) is under the basement access door. I think it has a sister connection on the opposing side in the same location.

Looking under the unit and following the LP lines will lead you to all of the connections. Most of the QD should be located on the frame rails where easily accessed. If the trailer is not too old or have too many miles on it, tattle tale will be the hanging tag from the QD.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

While resolving through official channels might be a right final solution, inspecting and putting soapy water on the fitting is a very prudent thing to do asap.
              Ottertail, Minnesota
              2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
              2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

I actually had a propane leak already at the disco connect for my outdoor grill. Last week I smelled some propane after using it for a few weeks so I went down underneath and soaked all the propane rubber type tubes but couldn’t find anything yet I continue to smell it. So I shut off my propane and currently I’m staying in my 2022 Imagine 2670 MK on the property until we build. I’ve been trying to load a picture of the quick disconnect it’s failing on my rig but the site still shows loading. I called grand design before receiving the recall notice and my VIN number fillll within the group that had the defective quick disconnect. I’ll try to post the picture again.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post
                  While resolving through official channels might be a right final solution, inspecting and putting soapy water on the fitting is a very prudent thing to do asap.
                  I think that this sums it up very well.

A few times a year an owner should go thru the RV propane system hoses and connections to check for any leak that may have appeared during usage. A leak could come about at any time and it is up to us owners to check or have our dealer check to keep us safe.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I received the recall notice yesterday and spoke with the dealer this afternoon. GD requires pictures of the QD.On our 247BH, this is located between the pass thru door and the entry door steps.i was told to ensure I captured some of the text that is stamped onto the QD and the collar. I just emailed them to the dealer's service rep. Per the rep, it takes 2-3 weeks to get the parts from GD once confirmed. The rep also shared that this impacts all manufacturers who were using this QD part, not just GD. Sounds like they have their hands full with this particular recall. Told me they have 'waiter wednesday' times slots available where they'll give you a 2-hour window to do the repair provided you wait -- oh, and that scheduling for those slots is already into mid-August.

Given that, I'll do 'soap tests' before we go out and 'smell tests' while we're out until the repair can be done.
                    Jeff & Patty
                    2022 Transcend XPLOR 247BH
                    2011 F150 4x4 SC 5.0 w/TT package

Comment

I may just take the QD out and put a plug in its place. I can't imagine ever using ours.

The wording on the recall indicates this is a one-time check. Meaning, if they aren't cracked at the time of the inspection by the dealer, they won't be replaced.
                      Ottertail, Minnesota
                      2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                      2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Working...
                      X