Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHTSA Recall Number: 22V-308, 2022 Imagine 22RBE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHTSA Recall Number: 22V-308, 2022 Imagine 22RBE.

The above referenced recall included my trailer. I would like to know if a specific work sequence was released to perform this recall. I made an appointment with my dealer's service department and they performed the recall but not even close to my satisfaction. When we picked up the trailer, they said they found a broken propane tank fitting. They said they contacted GD for a authorization to replace the broken part. We were told not to use that tank. That fitting was good during our previous camping trips. After picking up the trailer and driving from the Seattle area to the Oregon coast, I found some more issues. When we opened the trailer at the campground, we found the forward recliner was not on the slideout platform, it was next to the cabinets on the other side of the trailer. I put it back then realized neither recliner had power. Found both unplugged. Both worked fine the evening before I took the trailer in for the recall. Under the recliners I found 3 screws attached to nothing and one barely in a hole. Got both recliners and center console hooked together and put in place. A bit later found we had no hot water. The water heater had work flawlessly on our previous trips. I looked in the power panel and found a number of the fuses not seated fully. I pushed them in tight, cycled all the breakers and a bit later, we had hot water. Tested all systems upon arriving at home, all still work as designed. Prior to leaving Oregon, I contacted the service department. Their response said all they did was turn on the propane for a few minutes to check for leaks and did nothing else. Right now I still don't have a good propane hose and the service department does not return my calls. When talking to a Grand Design tech at a GD rally back in May, he showed me the work instructions for the recall he was working. I would like to know if there was work instructions released for this recall and if there was, how can I get a copy of it. Thanks for any help.

Good Evening. The repair instructions for this one were VERY simple:

"Repair involves the inspection of all quick disconnects for cracks and spraying them with a soapy water solution to determine if there is a gas leak. Cracked and/or leaking disconnects will need to be replaced."

So based upon the repair instruction, it is not necessary for the RV technician to enter the coach, extend slides, touch furniture, or fuses. I've had furniture move just during transport of the trailer, so it was probably just a coincidence.

As for the broken pigtail, I tried to find one at some our local RV shops, and due to supply chain issues, it was impossible. But I'll bet you can get one for a few bucks on Amazon. As a side note, I have replaced my pigtails about every year or two due to cracks and leaks brought on by our Arizona heat.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I did replace the pigtails already, upgraded to some with stainless braid and gauges. Right now I have a repair tech that works at the dealer, not at the repair facility in a town 30 miles away, checking things out for me. He is suspecting someone started a repair on my trailer and realized they were working on the wrong trailer. The dealer had sent the same model as mine to the repair facility for a problem with the slide out. Hope to find out more soon.

Comment

I received a NHTSA 22V-308 recall email reminder today. I never received the actual letter last June though.
        I have a 12V refrigerator. I think all the quick connects are under the kitchen slide. I remember seeing one (maybe two) unused for an outside grill connection.
        Does the gas range connect this way also? Would they have to replace any of the hoses to replace a disconnect?
        Dave & Mary Wichita, Kansas
        2022 Reflection 150 280RS
        2022 RAM 2500 4x2 SB Crew Cab Hemi 4.10 Axle Air Suspension
        Companion OEM Slider set over the axle at 17"
        Leer HF650M Tonneau Cover

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
          I received a NHTSA 22V-308 recall email reminder today. I never received the actual letter last June though.
          I have a 12V refrigerator. I think all the quick connects are under the kitchen slide. I remember seeing one (maybe two) unused for an outside grill connection.
          Does the gas range connect this way also? Would they have to replace any of the hoses to replace a disconnect?
          Dave - I have a dated LP drawing for your unit which includes a line for the refrigerator. According to the drawing, there was one quick disconnect. And I don't believe that any hoses need to be changed out for the recall.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X