Quick Connect Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Connect Question

So I have used the propane connect on other rigs for my outside firepit and grill. I was surprised when I connected to the GD propane and found that it was low pressure and would not work for either of these. What is this used for?
    Blessings,
    Kevin & Tracy
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
    2016 Chevy Silverado 1500

Originally posted by kcgaz View Post
    So I have used the propane connect on other rigs for my outside firepit and grill. I was surprised when I connected to the GD propane and found that it was low pressure and would not work for either of these. What is this used for?
    The quick connect on ours was for the outdoor kitchen 'stove'. Yes, I did mean was, and to use the term stove loosely, as the little grill had such low BTU output that it left a lot to be desired. We've since removed that stove and purchased a free standing real LP stove with much more output, that I can actually percolate coffee when boondocking.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Comment

The quick connects on GDRV units are installed after the primary regulator. This means that they are already regulated to 11" of water column. So if any of your after market devices have a built in regulator, they will not work with the GDRV quick connect.

But some devices such as grills , etc. can be modified to run on a direct connection to the quick connect. It basically consist of an adapter that replaces the device's built in regulator. For example, Blackstone grills are very popular with RV owners. You can purchase an adapter hose which takes the Blackstone regulator out of the loop. If you have a Weber grill, they sell an adapter kit that allows you to connect directly to the RV's quick connect.

Jim
      GDRV Forum Moderator
      GDRV SW USA Rally Support Coordinator

Jim and Ginnie
      2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

Jim is exactly right. I use mine for a Blackstone, my Champion propane generator, and by Outland fire pit.
        Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28bh
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Yupper. I learned about this when I first tried my Blackstone…. After picking up a non-regulated hose, all is well.

Comment

I noticed when I use my Blackstone the flame output is not as high as if I just connect it straight to the bottle and use the regulator. Any suggestions?
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 -- check the camper's regulator output under load. My guess is it's less than 11" WC.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Jlawles2 Something is funny there, I’ve got the two burner larger Blackstone and get the same output from the rig. You’re not going through the Blackstone regulators are you? You want an adapter like this right off the grill into a hose to the rig.

DOZYANT 1/4 inch RV Quick Connect Adapter Conversion Fitting Elbow for Blackstone Tabletop Grill - 17 Inch and 22 Inch Portable Gas Griddle https://a.co/d/7iWQpMm
                Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28bh

Comment

ncitro This is the fuel line I am using. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

That should work, I’d check your regulator output as Howard suggested. If that’s fine then I’d try a new hose.
                    Neil Citro
                    2018 Reflection 28bh

Comment

Working...
                    X