Quick Connect Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    OK, so the stove regulator expects an input of 11" and regulates it to 10".
    Excuse my ignorance...but how is adding another regulator an additional safety? Usually two regs in series is a no-no. No?

I have a gas ticket and never previously came across series regulators in industry.
    Other than what was written in my school documentation...way beyond me to explain the why. It's a repeat, but to emphasize what was posted earlier: If the main propane regulator failed and a subsequent appliance regulator were not in line at the cooktop excessive propane container pressures could enter the range and cause a very large flame or explosive condition.​
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Actually, I mispoke...I have seen series regulators...just not so close in o/p pressure. I've seen 1250psi regulated down to 800, then to 160.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Our 5th wheel trailers have two regulators in series, the red single stage regulator feeds the main two stage regulator.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
          Our 5th wheel trailers have two regulators in series, the red single stage regulator feeds the main two stage regulator.
          Mine doesn't appear to. Just the main. Where is this red one located on your trailer?

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy The red regulator is in the hose from the cylinder on the curb side to the main regulator on the street side near the second cylinder.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
              Scott'n'Wendy The red regulator is in the hose from the cylinder on the curb side to the main regulator on the street side near the second cylinder.
              I'll take a look next time I'm at the trailer. I don't remember seeing one in there.....good thing I'm not a detective.

Comment

I reread my post. Just to clarify. The red regulator is near the curbside cylinder. The main regulator is near the streetside cylinder.
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

I'll take a look next time I'm at the trailer. I don't remember seeing one in there.....good thing I'm not a detective.
                  TedS posted about the red regulator and the content was moved to the Reference Material section: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/propane...ator-s-purpose
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

NOTE: only units with cylinders located far apart will have the red regulator. For those with TT where the cylinders have the same length whip between the regulator/auto selector and the cylinder will not have the red regulator on the secondary tank.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      NOTE: only units with cylinders located far apart will have the red regulator. For those with TT where the cylinders have the same length whip between the regulator/auto selector and the cylinder will not have the red regulator on the secondary tank.
                      Actually the reason for the red regulator on a fifth wheel is because the propane line runs thru the RV, although in the front storage area. The red regulator is used so the pressure is not straight out of the cylinder and there is less gas to change back into a liquid inside the line. The propane tanks on a TT are out in the open.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It's a pressure and temperature property of propane. The lower pressure after the red regulator keeps the propane in a vapor state at lower temperatures so at low temperatures no liquid propane gets into the main regulator.
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I have a question about the female quick connect that came on my Reflection 315 RLTS. The female quick connect is a high flow fitting. Is it common to have a high flow Q.C. down line from a two stage regulator? In this picture, the bottom Q.C. came off of the trailer. The top Q.C. is a low flow Q.C. fitting I bought to replace the high flow Q.C. When I connect the stove to the low flow Q.C. there is no propane coming out.
                          The stove I have is a very old Griswold camp stove that I converted from natural gas to propane with a regulator. I removed the regulator on the stove because the trailer has the two stage regulator. Should I put the regulator back on the camp stove?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions…Bill
                          Bill
                          2022 Reflection 315 RLTS

Comment

Maybe the male quick connect cannot open the low flow female quick connect. Incompatible??
                            Last edited by TedS; 12-31-2022, 08:55 AM.
                            Ted
                            2021 Reflection 310RLS
                            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Did the stove work on the factory quick connect?

I would have to look at mine to see what it is for comparison. I have not had any issues with stoves working on the factory quick connect.

Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I would like to use my Weber and Cuisinart gas grill directly hooked up to the auxiliary propane outlet at the rear of my Imagine. After reading all the threads, it seems having two in-line regulators is a problem. Where can I get the appropriate adaptors and what are they called? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X