Propane Regulator Replacement for the recalled Winntec Model 6020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Regulator Replacement for the recalled Winntec Model 6020

I am the 2nd owner of a 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE, where the original owner replaced the recalled winntec mod 6020 regulator with a Flame King ACR-2. So the original mod 6020 thru research, found out was rated at 400,000 BTU's, and the ACR2 is rated at 190,000 btu,s. The Flame King started acting up, not completing the auto changeover, handle not switching, so I want to replace it with the proper regulator. Looking at the grand design parts page, the proper regulator is 240028: DNU - regulator kit, which has no information on the BTU rating. Does anyone know what it might be?
    I did find a replacement on etrailer I'm looking at which is JR Products 37207-30395 which is closer to the original at 345,000 Btu's and looks to be compatable with my trailer.
    The ACR-2 was less than half of the btu,s of the original, then when it switches to reserve you would lose 1/3 more capacity.
    Steve and Judy
    2021 GD Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Tow vehicle 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 6.5 ft bed 4x4 with Equalizer hitch

Pilot 24

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to checkout the welcome letter and complete your signature with your trailer and TV configuration.

My gut feeling for the Winntec regulator that I replaced on our trailer as part of the recall was around 200k BTU/hr, but that was a little while ago

You can, however, add up all the BTU ratings for all the LP appliances in your trailer, and find a regulator that is close to that value. When I did the replacement, my summation came out to ~100k BTU/hr, but all I could find was the MEGR-253H, which is rated much higher (300k+ if I recall). Unfortunately, it was all I could find locally at the time, and with the recall rapidly expanding in scope, I took what I could readily get.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

I saw that one also. I believe I need the higher btu's because we were camping and I may have had the water heater running at the same time, but my Blackstone was not getting enough gas flow thru the quick disconnect.....however could have been the ACR-2 not functioning also....Kind of figured GD put the 400,000 btu regulator on for a reason, so was trying to match close to the original.
      Steve and Judy

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot 24 View Post
        I saw that one also. I believe I need the higher btu's because we were camping and I may have had the water heater running at the same time, but my Blackstone was not getting enough gas flow thru the quick disconnect.....however could have been the ACR-2 not functioning also....Kind of figured GD put the 400,000 btu regulator on for a reason, so was trying to match close to the original.
        Steve - Just to make sure...

When running your Blackstone, did you have the Blackstone regulator installed, or just a straight hose from the quick connect to the Blackstone?

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The lever on the automatic change over propane regulator does not move when changing from one propane cylinder to the other. The valve inside does all of the work but the owner will need to manually move the valve prior to removing the empty cylinder and replacing with the full cylinder. The automatic regulator will also only work when both cylinder valves are opened and both cylinders have propane in them to start.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Jim, Straight hose from the quick disconect to the blackstone no regulator installed. 11 inches wc testing at the quick disconnect.
            Last edited by Pilot 24; 10-04-2022, 05:16 PM.
            Steve and Judy

Comment

Brian, I understand how the valve works, to clarify the lever sticks manually, when I was in Athens Texas on a warm day it was stuck to one side, tried to switch to the other side and would go to the middle and stop.
              Something is internally bound up, you could feel it in the lever.
              Steve and Judy

Comment

Working...
              X