Victron Multiplus II - Mounting Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmakie View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. The description and pics were very helpful. Now I have to figure out which of the options shared will be applied to my situation. I need to take-off the panel from the pass through storage compartment (about 40 screws) to investigate further.
    You may want to double check the installation instructions for the equipment your mounting as some specify a fire proof backing. I installed a 1/4" (3/16" will work too) aluminum backing plate mounted to the top and bottom wall channel on my 220RK.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0551s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.0 KB ID:	101182 1/4" alumni plate painted black attached to the top and bottom wall frame using 1/2" self taping screws. Multiplus mount (blue) installed to that plate. Mounting hoes were drilled and tapped for the screws. A similar plate was attached to the right for the rest of the equipment. Large holes were to run power cables through the pass through area (behind wall) forward to the distribution panel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0558s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.2 KB ID:	101183
    Second plate attached to the left, I also painted it black after mounting with 1/4" self tapping screws.

Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I have a follow up question on the solar install. I am using the Victron Multiplus II, Lynx 1000 distributor and the Victron 100 / 50 controller. My question is regarding "grounding". I plan on connecting the Multiplus ground to the Lynx 1000 ground post, connect the 100 / 50 controller to the Lynx 1000 ground post (yes 2 ground lugs / wires on the same post) and then add a ground wire from the Lynx 1000 to the chasis (3rd lug / wire added to the same ground post).

Is this an appropriate grounding method as I I am using the Lynx 1000 ground as the aggregator (grounding hub) for the the other two component grounds (Multiplus inverter and 100/50 controller) and then use a wire from the Lynx 1000 ground post to the chassis?

I am not finding any articles that discuss grounding as I have described although I did see one article that recommends grounding as "hub and spoke" being preferred. Not certain if what I am proposing is the hub and spoke concept.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	339
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	101549
      2023 Reflection 280RS, GMC 2500 Sierra Diesel

Comment

That is the way that I have my grounds on a very similar set up. I added a ground bus bar behind the factory battery box, there is a white wire bundle there that are connected with a wire nut, not the best in my opinion, so I added a ground bar there and brought the ground from the Lynx to that bar. I also brought the chassis ground from the Multiplus 2 to this bus bar as well.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

tmakie

There's good information on how to ground Victron equipment (I assume their advice would apply to similar components from other brands) in Victron's Wiring Unlimited ebook. See chapter 7.7 System Grounding.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

tmakie like Brian, I installed ground busbar which my multiplus, Lynx distributors and charge controllers are connected. The "ground busbar" then goes to the chassis. Because I have, essentially, up to 500 amps to the ground busbar I have double 2/0 ground cables to the chassis.
            Last edited by acoleman43; 12-19-2022, 09:24 PM.
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Its a bit more wire, but I always run separate grounds on each piece of equipment sized per their instructions. I wire each piece fully before moving on to the next so I don't forget something. Also the posts on each is different with different ratings. I used the ground bar in post # 16 located below the multiplus. This also made sure all loads were after the shunt shown to the right in the same photo.

Merry Christmas
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
              X