311BHS Solar Wire Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 311BHS Solar Wire Routing

We have a 2019 Reflection 311BHS. Does anyone know the best/easiest way to route the solar wiring from the roof to the front cargo area where the batteries are located? Do you put the wires in a conduit, do you run cable, or do you run individual wires in the open? If you run conduit, what type of conduit do you use?

Originally posted by MDEveritt View Post
    We have a 2019 Reflection 311BHS. Does anyone know the best/easiest way to route the solar wiring from the roof to the front cargo area where the batteries are located? Do you put the wires in a conduit, do you run cable, or do you run individual wires in the open? If you run conduit, what type of conduit do you use?
    GDRV-Megan -- can you find out where the factory is installing the pre-installed solar wires in the 311BHS?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

GDRV-Megan -- can you find out where the factory is installing the pre-installed solar wires in the 311BHS?
      MDEveritt

I'll get that answer for you both as soon as I hear back from production. Thanks!

Comment

Thank You howson and GDRV-Megan
        ​​​​

Comment

MDEveritt can you send me your VIN please?

Comment

I sent it via private message.
            Thank You.

Comment

Megan,
              Did you get my Vin number?

Comment

Megan,
                Did you get my Vin number?
                GDRV-Megan and the rest of the GD team is at the Tampa RV show, so responses may be delayed. I'm sure she'll be back soon!
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howson.

Comment

MDEveritt i did receive your VIN, I am still waiting on more info from production.

Comment

So this unit was NOT solar prepped, as you probably already know that. For units that are currently being prepped with solar, there is a plug on the roof that goes down to the front storage unit. I asked what the best route for someone that doesn't have it prepped currently should do. They suggested that you go to your bathroom wall, pop off the access panel that is on the interior wall (between the bathroom and bedroom) and drill down to the basement from there. We don't use conduit as the wires run through the open cavity in the wall.

I hope this helps, I am not super familiar with the solar prep/install, YET.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Comment

Thank you Megan. I will look into this.
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X