Inaccurate Replacement Lithium Converter Information from Battle Born Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim,

I just had a nice conversation with an engineer at BB. He confirmed that maximum battery life would be achieved if the battery is stored at 50% SOC. He mentioned they take an approach of making the ownership of the battery less cumbersome where they are more concerned about folks allowing the battery to achieve low cutoff voltages and being stored there as apposed to allowing the battery to self discharge.

So if we wanted to be engineers and to micro manage our batteries, it would be best to store at 50% SOC. In addition, any reduction in cycling or exercising the battery would also increase its life span. We did not speak about storage temperatures but storing the batteries at temperatures we ourselves find comfortable would also increase battery life.

I explained how it would be great if the charger manufacturers would have the capability to chose SOC, DOD and to command a storage charge at 50% SOC if the battery starts out at a lower state of charge. He mentioned there is new technology coming and they are also working on some educational pages on their website with more information. I'm impressed with their responsiveness and willingness to help those with questions.

Jim

Comment

Working...
    X