Exterior solar jack connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior solar jack connection

can someone tell me the wiring path of the solar connector that is mounted to the outside front compartment? I have a 2018 303 rls and see the exterior jack on the outside front near the front compartment. The wires have a 10 amp inline fuse on them and then they disappear out of the front compartment where do they go? I believe this has some solar prewire but I can’t find any information about where it terminates.

This is the older style Furrion port. The port on the wall is terminated in a proprietary Furrion connector. But you can readily purchase adapters to connect a traditional solar panel.

The wiring leaves the 10 amp fuse and it should be routed directly to the battery. However, they quite often did not make the connection and got very creative on how they hid the ends of the wires. Dig around and look for any ring terminals that aren't connected. The wires are probably stuffed into some nook in the front storage area of your 303.

Note: If you elect to connect and use this port, make sure you plug in a panel with a built in solar controller and limit the wattage to 120 watts.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      This is the older style Furrion port. The port on the wall is terminated in a proprietary Furrion connector. But you can readily purchase adapters to connect a traditional solar panel.

The wiring leaves the 10 amp fuse and it should be routed directly to the battery. However, they quite often did not make the connection and got very creative on how they hid the ends of the wires. Dig around and look for any ring terminals that aren't connected. The wires are probably stuffed into some nook in the front storage area of your 303.

Note: If you elect to connect and use this port, make sure you plug in a panel with a built in solar controller and limit the wattage to 120 watts.

Jim
      Jim thanks for the information, I think the wire might be behind the false wall over near the converter, I didn’t See it near the battery’s. Do you know if they place a J box on the roof for running wire down to the pass thru compartment? I’m guessing this will be like most RVs you have to run down the wire path to see where it goes. GD doesn’t put the solar pre wire in all their rvs to the roof.
      it would be nice if they ran a small conduit to the roof with an empty combiner box as a prewire since many people add solar after purchase.😀

Comment

Originally posted by sportzfann View Post

Jim thanks for the information, I think the wire might be behind the false wall over near the converter, I didn’t See it near the battery’s. Do you know if they place a J box on the roof for running wire down to the pass thru compartment? I’m guessing this will be like most RVs you have to run down the wire path to see where it goes. GD doesn’t put the solar pre wire in all their rvs to the roof.
        it would be nice if they ran a small conduit to the roof with an empty combiner box as a prewire since many people add solar after purchase.😀
        I believe your original question was in regards to the port on the wall. I believe that GDRV stopped installing this port when they started installing wiring for solar from the roof. But there were lots of variants over the years and 2018 was a year of transition. I guess what I'm saying is that "I'm not sure".....

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by sportzfann View Post
          can someone tell me the wiring path of the solar connector that is mounted to the outside front compartment? I have a 2018 303 rls and see the exterior jack on the outside front near the front compartment. The wires have a 10 amp inline fuse on them and then they disappear out of the front compartment where do they go? I believe this has some solar prewire but I can’t find any information about where it terminates.
          On my 2018 Reflection the ring terminals were taped in a spool of wire and hid behind the street side jack housing. Just follow the wires from the fuse and you should find it. Also welcome to the site and if you can read the welcome letter and create you signature, It really helps to know what unit you have and your tow vehicle so we can help you better. Please report back where you font it.

Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
          X