Adding Solar - Additional Port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Solar - Additional Port?

My RV is in storage right now but I am very curious if there is any solar port where I could add a portable solar panel to double my solar.
    I am looking at suitcases but still very leery about plugging those in directly to my two batter bank.

Year and model will help us help you.

If you have factory solar there will not be any external port on the side of the RV. Any portable panels you use should have its own solar charge controller and then can be hooked straight to the battery.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Duner733 View Post
      My RV is in storage right now but I am very curious if there is any solar port where I could add a portable solar panel to double my solar.
      I am looking at suitcases but still very leery about plugging those in directly to my two batter bank.
      If you are considering portable/suitcase solar panels, I would get some that have a built-in solar charge controller. These can connect directly to your battery. Very easy setup and install.

Make sure you look at specs to see that a solar charge controller is included with the panels.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

If you are considering portable/suitcase solar panels, I would get some that have a built-in solar charge controller. These can connect directly to your battery. Very easy setup and install.

Make sure you look at specs to see that a solar charge controller is included with the panels.
        I added this port to both my last Keystone Montana and my current GD Reflection. It works well with my Zamp 200w suitcase panels with onboard solar controller/charger. https://www.amazon.com/ZAMP-SOLAR-ZS...a-619904387204
        40-year Camping Enthusiast
        2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Working...
        X