Furrion MPPT 25A Charge Controller Showing Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion MPPT 25A Charge Controller Showing Fault

I purchased a 2022 231RD in March of 2023. The day before our "maiden voyage" we noticed a red fault light on the solar controller and that it was no longer charging the battery. The Furrion charge controller manual says that a red light is a fault. After our trip we took the trailer to the authorized repair shop at the place we purchased the trailer. They worked on it for a week and thought they had solved the problem. However the unit still showed a steady red light. The repair shop then turned in a warranty claim to replace the unit. They did that last week. However, the new unit still shows a red light. They have asked for a few more days to resolve the problem.
    I suspect two things. One, there is some other problem with the wiring. And two, this repair shop does not have experience with these controllers, even though is is an authorized Grand Design repair shop.
    I am guessing this unit has a wiring problem that originates from the manufacturer.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't see many people reporting this problem on this forum.
    See attached picture of the error light.
    Last edited by jeffgirod; 06-05-2023, 06:46 PM.

I think what you want to look at is the proper polarity in the wiring from the panel and also to the battery. There was one owner that I remember that found that the wires from the panel to the controller was wired backwards. This is not too common but has been found once. This may or may not be the problem but worth checking.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We just purchased a used 2022 GD Imagine 2970RL 2 weeks ago. I found my MPPT 30 amp solar controller fault light lit just like you.
      My battery voltage was dropping on my voltmeter in front of my eyes
      I read somewhere online that someone found their wiring wrong, and I saw this thread, and specifically Brian's reply to you.
      Yesterday I found this to be the issue.
      My PV wires were connected to the battery connections on the controller, and the battery wires were connected into the solar connection points AND to boot, the battery wires were reversed (plus to minus, and minus to plus.
      Fixed all of that, and I am now charging!
      Previous owners didn't use the TT much and it was stored under roof, so they never even knew that there was an issue.
      Last edited by Miklb58; 06-23-2023, 06:21 AM. Reason: Corrected my Imagine Model
      Mike
      2022 Imagine 2970RL
      2023 Chevrolet 2500HD Custom

Comment

Originally posted by Miklb58 View Post
        We just purchased a used 2022 GD Imagine 2970RD 2 weeks ago. I found my MPPT 30 amp solar controller fault light lit just like you.
        My battery voltage was dropping on my voltmeter in front of my eyes
        I read somewhere online that someone found their wiring wrong, and I saw this thread, and specifically Brian's reply to you.
        Yesterday I found this to be the issue.
        My PV wires were connected to the battery connections on the controller, and the battery wires were connected into the solar connection points AND to boot, the battery wires were reversed (plus to minus, and minus to plus.
        Fixed all of that, and I am now charging!
        Previous owners didn't use the TT much and it was stored under roof, so they never even knew that there was an issue.
        Glad to be of help and that you have the system working properly.

Welcome to the Forum.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X