Victron MPPT Load Output Setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victron MPPT Load Output Setting?

I know what the LOAD OUTPUT is and what it does--I've read the VictronConnect manual and the applicable section for the setting.

What the manual doesn't say is what the setting should be if NOT using the VEDirect port to drive a BatteryProtect product. I've got a VEDirect cable hooked up that goes right to the CCGX. I have no need or use for the LOAD OUTPUT function.

So what should the setting be? Always Off? Always On? Does it even matter?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Load1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	30.5 KB ID:	13324

Click image for larger version  Name:	Load2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	25.6 KB ID:	13325
    Last edited by howson; 02-26-2020, 12:16 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

I got a quick response from AMSolar:

If you aren't using the Load Output to run 12-volt DC devices we'd recommend setting it to "Always Off" - although it doesn't really matter, the "Always On" setting could draw very small amounts of power, and there's no reason to have it on without loads.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X