Disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed

purchased a new solitude with the solar package. Picked up new unit January 2020 by late February 2020 the Jaboni MPPT stopped working. Tired working with Grand Design and the Dealer only to finally threw up my hands and purchase Victron products. do not spend the money for a complete solar package from Grand Design as they will not stand behind the products and you will just replace them at your own expense.

Originally posted by Trailing Wires View Post
    purchased a new solitude with the solar package. Picked up new unit January 2020 by late February 2020 the Jaboni MPPT stopped working. Tired working with Grand Design and the Dealer only to finally threw up my hands and purchase Victron products. do not spend the money for a complete solar package from Grand Design as they will not stand behind the products and you will just replace them at your own expense.
    Very unfortunate--and I agree it is frustrating to pay for items that you have to replace. I've got a long list myself including the mattress, bathroom sink faucet, and on and on. The solar, though, has to be exceptionally maddening.

Documenting what you've done (with pictures!) in this thread will definitely help others that find themselves in your position, so I hope you'll take the time to help other owners. I hope you'll continue to contribute to the forum.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience. If you don't mind, I have a few questions that may be able to help us all understand a little better:

1. Your unit has a one year warranty that should cover all components it's delivered with. Did GDRV refuse to honor the warranty?
      2. Did GDRV recommend you contact Jaboni in order to satisfy the warranty? If so, did you? And what was the result?
      3. Did the dealership refuse to honor the warranty? Why couldn't/didn't they help?

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X