Fuse Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse Location?

I'm trying to locate the inline fuse for the Furrion solar wiring on my 2020 Imagine 2600RB. I recently purchased a Renogy 200 watt suticase solar package. Output is just over 16 amps and I want to make sure I can access the fuse if it blows. GD said the fuse in near the A frame, but when I crawled underneath to locate it, there is no fuse holder. Anyone familiar with the location?
    2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
    2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
    FMCA # 489460

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
    I'm trying to locate the inline fuse for the Furrion solar wiring...
    Moved to Solar channel in Tech Forum.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The fuse in my 2017 297RSTS is located in the basement storage on the driver's side. It has a black plastic cover over it. Be advised that the fuse, fuse holder and the wiring is all designed around a 10 amp circuit. You might be wise to upgrade the systems to more heavy duty components if you're going to plug in a 200 watt panel (200W/12V = 16.7 amps). I'd set it up for a 20 amp system.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

[QUOTE=Running from Gnats;n15242Anyone familiar with the location?[/QUOTE]

On my Imagine which is smaller version of yours. The solar wires connect on the A frame under the trailer body. There will be two lugs. one is the ground lug (white wire - side) and the other is a fuse lug (red/white wire + side). I haven't taken mine apart yet but the fuse should be in the base part of the lug. I'm waiting until after the rain stops to install my new controller 20 amp, a new switchable 30 amp fuse, and possibly a replacement for the base of the external connection plug. I found a heavier duty (30 amp) connector on Amazon.

Norm & Karla
        2019 Imagine 2150rb
        2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
        2016 - 2018 Hobie Kayaks

Comment

Anyone familiar with the location?
          I can’t verify this on my unit as it in storage yet. I have seen on another forum that the fuse was in the wiring behind the Furrion outlet. Others have unscrewed the outlet and pulled out the wiring a bit to find an inline fuse. But they also might have relocated it to the A frame as stated above.

Dave and Susan
          Imagine 2250RK
          2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by S&D's Immy View Post

I can’t verify this on my unit as it in storage yet. I have seen on another forum that the fuse was in the wiring behind the Furrion outlet. Others have unscrewed the outlet and pulled out the wiring a bit to find an inline fuse. But they also might have relocated it to the A frame as stated above.
            Running from Gnats TucsonJim

I just took apart the exterior Furrion outlet on my trailer. There is a 10 amp fuse wired six inches behind the outlet. Good call S&D's Immy.

Norm
            Last edited by Oregon Fun-Guy; 03-25-2020, 05:08 PM.
            Norm & Karla
            2019 Imagine 2150rb
            2016 - 2018 Hobie Kayaks

Comment

I've pull the plug and the only thing I've found is the wires have been crimped with a butt connector (forgot to put in fuse?). I've been over the wiring at the A frame and on the frame, next to the electric box. The DC wiring that matches what comes from the Furrion plug goes to what appears to be a bus bar. Check out the photo.

The white wire with the red stripe coming in over the top on the right matches the same wire as coming off the butt crimp at the Furrion. The other wire, white, is also a match to the crimp and looks to go to ground. I have run a meter at the plug and the red striped wire is + and metered there is 13.2V at the plug

Is it possible GD never fused this? I've tried checking with an endoscope to find a fuse behind the wall, but it is a lost cause. Optical cable is too stiff.

2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
              Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
              FMCA # 489460

Comment

I've pull the plug and the only thing I've found is the wires have been crimped with a butt connector (forgot to put in fuse?). I've been over the wiring at the A frame and on the frame, next to the electric box. The DC wiring that matches what comes from the Furrion plug goes to what appears to be a bus bar. Check out the photo.

The white wire with the red stripe coming in over the top on the right matches the same wire as coming off the butt crimp at the Furrion. The other wire, white, is also a match to the crimp and looks to go to ground. I have run a meter at the plug and the red striped wire is + and metered there is 13.2V at the plug

Is it possible GD never fused this? I've tried checking with an endoscope to find a fuse behind the wall, but it is a lost cause. Optical cable is too stiff.

That first photo is a self-resetting circuit breaker. The gold side is power, silver is load side.

On my 315RLTS they are 30A. If you can look at the side of the c/b you'll see a rating.

Click image for larger version

Name:	What this is.JPG
Views:	3690
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	15434
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures.In your front frame picture, there is a fuse between the two studs, I have assumed that it protects the the trailer system/battery from one another. What I see in the second picture is different than what I have. On my 2019 model there is a fuse between the red wire coming from the outlet and the butt connector on the red and white wire. I don't know if GD stopped putting in a fuse or if they put it in a different place. I would check the route of the red and white wire especially where it crosses the ceiling of the passthrough and goes through the docking station. Sorry if I am not being much help.

Norm

Norm & Karla
                  2019 Imagine 2150rb
                  2016 - 2018 Hobie Kayaks

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

That first photo is a self-resetting circuit breaker. The gold side is power, silver is load side.

On my 315RLTS they are 30A. If you can look at the side of the c/b you'll see a rating.

Name:	What this is.JPG
Views:	3690
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	15434
                    I was able to get underneath earlier this evening and verified it is 30 amp using an endoscope. Is that the only c/b-fusing on the circuit you are aware of. My concern is the output of the solar suitcase is about 11.7 amps and I'm concerned about a 10 amp fuse in the circuit blowing and not known (or being able to reach it) while boondocking.

Also, just so I understand, a self-resetting c/b will reset after cooling down.

Thanks for tagging the photo. Made it easier to understand.
                    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                    FMCA # 489460

Comment

Is that the only c/b-fusing on the circuit you are aware of
                      I don't know. Based on how my circuit breakers were wired, one of the red wires on the power side in your picture is coming from your battery and the other should come from the Furrion solar wires. I don't have a lot of knowledge on that setup. I removed them from my camper when I did my upgrades--I don't remember a fuse. From memory it was just two wires--positive (to the c/b) and negative to ground.

Also, just so I understand, a self-resetting c/b will reset after cooling down.
                      yes.

Thanks for tagging the photo. Made it easier to understand.
                      You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Oregon Fun-Guy View Post
                        Thanks for the pictures.In your front frame picture, there is a fuse between the two studs, I have assumed that it protects the the trailer system/battery from one another. What I see in the second picture is different than what I have. On my 2019 model there is a fuse between the red wire coming from the outlet and the butt connector on the red and white wire. I don't know if GD stopped putting in a fuse or if they put it in a different place. I would check the route of the red and white wire especially where it crosses the ceiling of the pass through and goes through the docking station. Sorry if I am not being much help.

Norm
                        I've run my hand where ever I can reach to check for a fuse. In my unit, the cable runs to the first stud then into a plastic cover and to other points in the trailer.

Unfortunately no one at GD support seems to know anything about this solar plug system. I've been told there is no fuse, it's on the A-frame, it's 2-3 amps, it doesn't need one. One person at tech support was surprised when I told him the plug was marked as 10 amp, then said the plug was the fuse.

Service at my dealer in a phone call asked if there was a fuse in one of the battery lines (wired directly to the circuit breaker), on the wiring behind the furrion plug (none) and maybe in the electrical box on the frame (I haven't checked that since I don't see any of the wiring from the battery or solar going into it but that is a project for tomorrow morning). I don't blame my dealer's service dept. for not knowing if and where a fuse is located since they have no more information that I can get from GD.

Maybe Emily can find someone who is familiar with this system on the 2020 Imagine 2600RB and post the information. My plan at this point is to remove shore power and plug in the solar cells to see if the system charges the batteries (2x1000A Lion Energy UT1300 in parallel) over the weekend.
                        Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                        FMCA # 489460

Comment

GDRV-Megan -- can you find out a definitive answer to Running from Gnats ' question regarding if there's an inline fuse from the external Furrion Solar connector to the 30 amp self-resetting circuit breaker in his 2020 2600RD? See his profile for the VIN.

Here's the connector he's referencing:

Name:	Furrion.JPG
Views:	3505
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	15484 ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                            GDRV-Megan -- can you find out a definitive answer to Running from Gnats ' question regarding if there's an inline fuse from the external Furrion Solar connector to the 30 amp self-resetting circuit breaker in his 2020 2600RD? See his profile for the VIN.

Here's the connector he's referencing:

Name:	Furrion.JPG
Views:	3505
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	15484
                            Thanks for the assist. Like I said i really don't want to find out there is a fuse buried somewhere if (more like when) it blows. If it turns out there is no fuse in the circuit to the C/B, I think I'd put a 15 amp into the line where the connecters are at, about 6 inches in from the plug.

Thanks again.

​​​​​​​Norris
                            Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                            FMCA # 489460

Comment

Thanks for the assist. Like I said i really don't want to find out there is a fuse buried somewhere if (more like when) it blows. If it turns out there is no fuse in the circuit to the C/B, I think I'd put a 15 amp into the line where the connecters are at, about 6 inches in from the plug.

Thanks again.

Norris
                              Just a bit of speculation, but based on a previous post in https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...n-imagine-2600 (#19), photos from Guest tracing the wires from the Furrion connection, I think this was installed without an inline fuse.
                              Dave and Susan
                              Imagine 2250RK
                              2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X