Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys and
    GDRV-Megan

I just finished installing two 160w renogy panels on my brand new 2021 297RSTS and it all was super simple, only on mine the labeled cables (inv/solar) went to the front battery trays... which was fused by an inline fuse. The other (unlabeled) went to the roof. Installed a VictronConnect energy Solar charge controller on by the convenience center

Next project is to install a Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 - Converter/Inverter.... to replace the existing converter.

Does anyone know where this converter would be in the 297RSTS? (2021)

Click image for larger version  Name:	6FFC5469-A776-4570-A419-C01DC51B3F6B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	156.2 KB ID:	23031

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_3530.jpg Views:	6 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	23023

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3532.png
Views:	821
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	23027
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TomasAllan; 06-29-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

TomasAllan Welcome to the forum. Hey, you're off to a great start. The converter on your 297 will be located in the hutch behind the drawers.

Name:	20137983_10211335606638906_373386639_o.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	23030
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you so much, this really helps.

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        TomasAllan Welcome to the forum. Hey, you're off to a great start. The converter on your 297 will be located in the hutch behind the drawers.

Name:	20137983_10211335606638906_373386639_o.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	23030

Comment

TucsonJim

Quick question and sorry to bother you as my RV is in Storage right this minute and I can’t look. (I figured instead of writing privately I’d do it here and document it for other people’s benefit).

How much room in that compartment (I know exactly where this is but never opened it)? Do you think I could fit a 100AH LFP from Bioenno? The idea would be the obvious, LFP would be kept closer to the Inv/Conv, climate controlled and obviously protected from the elements (and others).

Thank you so much, and no pressure I can go check later but wondering if you had that info handy.

Comment

Originally posted by TomasAllan View Post
            TucsonJim

Quick question and sorry to bother you as my RV is in Storage right this minute and I can’t look. (I figured instead of writing privately I’d do it here and document it for other people’s benefit).

How much room in that compartment (I know exactly where this is but never opened it)? Do you think I could fit a 100AH LFP from Bioenno? The idea would be the obvious, LFP would be kept closer to the Inv/Conv, climate controlled and obviously protected from the elements (and others).

Thank you so much, and no pressure I can go check later but wondering if you had that info handy.
            Good morning Tomas.

The area we are talking about (for other's benefit) is the hutch area in a Reflection 297RSTS.

I think it would be difficult to fit a battery in there. The wiring, plumbing, furnace, furnace vents, and electrial panel all utilize the this area. It may be possible, but you'll at least have to route some wiring around a little. Another issue you'll encounter is the possibility of exceeding the battery's high temperature storage specification when the furnace is running. The battery you are considering does not list the maximum temperature that it will operate at. The battery management system on the competing Battle Born battery shuts off the current flow when the batteries reach 135°F If you had your battery mounted in the hutch, it will easily exceed this temperature when the furnace is in use. I've recorded temperatures near 150°F inside the hutch when running my furnace.

I was able to get three LiFePO4 batteries on my hitch with a little bit of welding to fit the battery boxes. If I was going to grow my battery bank any more, I'd move all of them to the storage under the bed for the same reasons you list such as shorter wiring runs and environmental protection.

If you can afford it, I'd seriously look into another brand of battery, especially the Battle Born brand. The battery you are showing has a two year warranty. The Battle Born batteries have a 10 year warranty, and they replace it for free if it fails in the first eight years! The cost difference is $87.51. In fact, if you call Battle Born, they frequently have what they call "B" stock batteries for sale. These are batteries that may have a ding on the case or have a cosmetic blemish. They typically discount these batteries by $75, but they have the same 10 year warranty.

Another battery to check out is the Lion Energy Safari UT1300. Quite a few GDRV owners have been purchasing these and so far report good luck with them. And they come with a lifetime warranty! I understand that Costco carries them and from time to time put them on sale for around $750.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Jim,

As usual thanks so much for the quick reply,

All those are right on point, completely forgot about the furnace being there :(

Time to get creative now

I will go with one or two of those batteries for sure, I just own that one already and its sitting around doing nothing (from a previous project).

Did you have a custom box made for the front or are they in regular (plastic) battery boxes? (I would be nervous)

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Good morning Tomas.

The area we are talking about (for other's benefit) is the hutch area in a Reflection 297RSTS.

I think it would be difficult to fit a battery in there. The wiring, plumbing, furnace, furnace vents, and electrial panel all utilize the this area. It may be possible, but you'll at least have to route some wiring around a little. Another issue you'll encounter is the possibility of exceeding the battery's high temperature storage specification when the furnace is running. The battery you are considering does not list the maximum temperature that it will operate at. The battery management system on the competing Battle Born battery shuts off the current flow when the batteries reach 135°F If you had your battery mounted in the hutch, it will easily exceed this temperature when the furnace is in use. I've recorded temperatures near 150°F inside the hutch when running my furnace.

I was able to get three LiFePO4 batteries on my hitch with a little bit of welding to fit the battery boxes. If I was going to grow my battery bank any more, I'd move all of them to the storage under the bed for the same reasons you list such as shorter wiring runs and environmental protection.

If you can afford it, I'd seriously look into another brand of battery, especially the Battle Born brand. The battery you are showing has a two year warranty. The Battle Born batteries have a 10 year warranty, and they replace it for free if it fails in the first eight years! The cost difference is $87.51. In fact, if you call Battle Born, they frequently have what they call "B" stock batteries for sale. These are batteries that may have a ding on the case or have a cosmetic blemish. They typically discount these batteries by $75, but they have the same 10 year warranty.

Another battery to check out is the Lion Energy Safari UT1300. Quite a few GDRV owners have been purchasing these and so far report good luck with them. And they come with a lifetime warranty! I understand that Costco carries them and from time to time put them on sale for around $750.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X