New 2020 260RD Solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2020 260RD Solar

I see the new 260RD has solar prep on the roof. I'm assuming it uses 10awg wire for the run. Where would the controller go? Is it located in the pass-through storage, or inside the rig somewhere? We are purchasing a new 260RD this weekend and I have a couple panels I would like to install. Also, Is there a particular controller Grand Design had in mind when spec'ing this system?

Thanks,
    DaTraveler

If it's like the Solitude and Momentum, it's just a chase. You'll have to provide your own wiring and run it to where you want.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
      If it's like the Solitude and Momentum, it's just a chase. You'll have to provide your own wiring and run it to where you want.
      If that's true, then it's quite interesting. I can't understand why they would put the solar connection box on the roof if they weren't going to run the cable.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Because there are too many options to what you would want for wire size, etc. It's all based on the size system you want, how you want to design it, and so on and so on. Too many variable to make a cookie cutter setup.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by DaTraveler View Post
          If that's true, then it's quite interesting. I can't understand why they would put the solar connection box on the roof if they weren't going to run the cable.

Thanks for the response.
          It's because for years many of us with solar pleaded with GD to add a chase from the roof to the basement and they finally complied. They have no idea what you might run through it.
          Paul and Deb Cervone
          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Working...
          X