X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renogy 600 watt kit

Looking at this system.

https://www.renogy.com/new-600-watt-...r-premium-kit/

Separate MPPT 40A controller. Then 40a dc to dc.......where is the popular place to enter from the roof? I have seen people take down the bathroom wall behind the toilet.....any other great ideas (337RLS 2018)?
    2018 337RLS
    720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
    disc brakes, ems

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Looking at this system.

https://www.renogy.com/new-600-watt-...r-premium-kit/

Separate MPPT 40A controller. Then 40a dc to dc.......where is the popular place to enter from the roof? I have seen people take down the bathroom wall behind the toilet.....any other great ideas (337RLS 2018)?
    Your layout is very similar to my 315RLTS. Did you see where I put mine (and how I did it)? https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/1...2272#post12272
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Question - why a 24V solar set up? Then as to how to get below, my dealer ran my cables down beside the black tank vent stack. It was a direct path to the basement beside the electrical panel. Possibly you could pull the boot back or lift it up to see how much room you have.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
        Question - why a 24V solar set up? Then as to how to get below, my dealer ran my cables down beside the black tank vent stack. It was a direct path to the basement beside the electrical panel. Possibly you could pull the boot back or lift it up to see how much room you have.
        You know I was going to ask this too. It seems you would need a 24V to 12V transformer to make this work. Unless thats included in the system. I know the 24V is more efficient, but for the size of systems we put in RVs it seems like a lot of extra cost and points of failure.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

The controller can do either 12v or 24....Renogy says that the 12v 40a configuration can only handle 520watts .....now back to square one......my bet is the 100 watt panel will never see more then 85 watts but......are you kidding me. nothing is easy. That is why i was looking at kits......
          2018 337RLS
          720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
          disc brakes, ems

Comment

The controller can do either 12v or 24....Renogy says that the 12v 40a configuration can only handle 520watts .....now back to square one......my bet is the 100 watt panel will never see more then 85 watts but......are you kidding me. nothing is easy. That is why i was looking at kits......
            Just for grins take a look at GO POWER! https://gpelectric.com/application/rv-solar-kits/ So far mine is doing great.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Jim I’m not sure if you found an answer yet but I’m looking to do a similar solar install mine will be 2x330w bi- facial all glass panels so 660w so could put out to 1000w. I’m looking at putting in a victron charge controller the mppt 100/50 should handle up to 1400w at 24v panels and then can convert it to 12vdc to charge batteries can put out up to 50amps to charge the battery’s and the solar prep package wire of 10gauge on my roof should handle it since it’s over 24v and more efficient. Should be installing in about a month waiting on the 12v 400 amp/hr lithium battery bank.
              MarlinM

2019 GMC Yukon XL with 4.10 gears and air bags
              2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

24 volt systems can be very efficient. You can use smaller wires and a smaller controller. If you have two or four 12V batteries, you can set up a 24V system and all you'd need to add is a simple converter to bring it back down to 12V for the RV.

Will Prowse is a great resource for these types of topics. Check out his YouTube video on this very topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgGGB_McW0

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                X