Solar panel wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar panel wiring

Installing solar panels on my 2021 2600RB and noticed a cover on the roof forward port side, removed cover and found solar quick connectors, does anyone know the wiring schematics for the solar connectors?Where do the wires from the connectors go and are they fused?

Originally posted by MCMGD2600 View Post
    Installing solar panels on my 2021 2600RB and noticed a cover on the roof forward port side, removed cover and found solar quick connectors, does anyone know the wiring schematics for the solar connectors?Where do the wires from the connectors go and are they fused?
    The wiring should go down thru a channel to the forward pass thru storage area and should be coiled and tied to the ceiling or the removable aft wall if you have that. As to my knowledge there are no fuses of any kind associated with the "solar prep package". Also check the size of wire that was used to make sure it is ample enough for you solar array. TucsonJim and others will have far more knowledge on this topic.

Also welcome to the tech forum, glad to have you join us. Please post pics and such in the Solar section of the forum. All systems and knowledge is great to help others.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

We've been trying to get more info from the GDRV guys. But from what I understand, there should be a coil of wire somewhere in your basement storage area. This is the other end of the wiring. I believe there are MC4 connectors on the roof side that you can plug your panels directly into. The wire is supposed to be 10AWG which will easily support series connections if you're running multiple panels. The wires in the basement can be run into what-ever fuse and controller your particular system will use. Fuse size will depend on how your panels are configured and how much current is flowing.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I found my wiring in the utility box just inside the storage area. The utility box for water, battery disconnect, 110 outlet etc. I had to take the cover off held by 6 screws.

TJ
        2020 Transcend

Comment

When did they start wiring the 2600RD for solar from the roof? We have a 2020 model.
          2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
          2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
          Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
          FMCA # 489460

Comment

Working...
          X