2670MK questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2670MK questions

I had a couple questions I hoped someone would help me out with. I have solar panels installed on my roof. Probably going to run the power to my pass through my closet down to my pass through to my MPPT controller and batteries. I was hoping to install my inverter/charger next to the panel.

My questions are:

1.) I have 12 220 AH batteries. Each weigh 127lbs. I don't believe they will fit on my tongue of the trailer and for more weather control, I would prefer them inside. They are not lithium obviously by the weight. They are AGM Batteries.

2.) Does anyone know about running wire on the underside? I know it has some insulation and a cover. Just would be curious any feed back on how to's or lessons learned. I am thinking of wiring my inverter/charger next to my panel in the area below the bedroom double door closet next to the panel. It is the back side of the shower and not sure if there is room.

Thanks

I know nothing about solar but.........

You have 12 batteries that weigh 127 #'s each for a total of 1,524 #'s???

Should that have been 2 batteries not 12
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by pktrusty View Post
      I had a couple questions I hoped someone would help me out with. I have solar panels installed on my roof. Probably going to run the power to my pass through my closet down to my pass through to my MPPT controller and batteries. I was hoping to install my inverter/charger next to the panel.

My questions are:

1.) I have 12 220 AH batteries. Each weigh 127lbs. I don't believe they will fit on my tongue of the trailer and for more weather control, I would prefer them inside. They are not lithium obviously by the weight. They are AGM Batteries.

2.) Does anyone know about running wire on the underside? I know it has some insulation and a cover. Just would be curious any feed back on how to's or lessons learned. I am thinking of wiring my inverter/charger next to my panel in the area below the bedroom double door closet next to the panel. It is the back side of the shower and not sure if there is room.

Thanks
      To keep this answer short, keep the 12v high-amperage wires short. That means batteries, inverter, and MPPT controller as close to each other as is practical.

TucsonJim has an outstanding presentation that includes battery information--I expect he'll post it soon. If I remember correctly AGM batteries could generate explosive gases (though not as likely as wet-cell) so venting should be considered if mounting the batteries in the interior. I'll let Jim or someone more knowledgeable verify or refute that statement.

(Edited to specify 120v wires in first sentence.)

The wires (for the 120v input and output connected to the inverter) were run under my trailer from the front pass-thru (where the inverter is) to the hutch in the kitchen (primary AC connections are here). This necessitated running between the floor and coroplast (where the rest of the trailer wiring, tanks, and plumbing are located). Many of us have found the hole in the passthru floor where the water pump is to be the place to run these new wires out of the passthru. Then above the coroplast (beneath the floor) and then up again into the trailer where the wiring comes in for the power distribution panel.
      Last edited by howson; 07-22-2020, 05:06 PM.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

They are 12V 220AH batteries. I have two of them. Each weight 127lbs. The V must have autocorrected out.

Comment

Working...
        X