No announcement yet.

Is 380W solar system enough for 23BHE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 380W solar system enough for 23BHE ?

We purchased the 2021 23BHE and the dealer is going to install solar system for us. We picked the Go Power 380W. Do you think this is enough?
    2021 GD 23BHE

Originally posted by elranas View Post
    We purchased the 2021 23BHE and the dealer is going to install solar system for us. We picked the Go Power 380W. Do you think this is enough?
    The question is impossible to answer without context and a lot of information.

There's many threads in this channel ("solar") that I suggest are worth reading.

TucsonJim hosts a "Solar 101" seminar at rallies and just did a virtual one recently. I believe he is going to post it here in the "Reference Material" sub-channel, so stay tuned!

In addition, check out Will Prowse's DIY Solar channel on YouTube or if you're willing to part with $15 get his book off of Amazon. The book is basic and everything in the book is available (somewhere) on the internet, but I found it easier to have in one place. Plus I like good 'ol fashioned books.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Will.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	25081
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The question is impossible to answer without context and a lot of information.

There's many threads in this channel ("solar") that I suggest are worth reading.

TucsonJim hosts a "Solar 101" seminar at rallies and just did a virtual one recently. I believe he is going to post it here in the "Reference Material" sub-channel, so stay tuned!

In addition, check out Will Prowse's DIY Solar channel on YouTube or if you're willing to part with $15 get his book off of Amazon. The book is basic and everything in the book is available (somewhere) on the internet, but I found it easier to have in one place. Plus I like good 'ol fashioned books.

Click image for larger version Name:	Will.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	25081
      Just to add to what Howard says, everyone is different. It all forms on how much power you and your family use. We both still work full time, and have a residential fridge so we run 1,200 watts and I’m thinking about 400 more. Some people get by with just a 100 watt portable panel.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Elranas.

The primary purpose of solar is to be able to recharge the power taken from your batteries. Once you know how how much battery power you're consuming, you can easily calculate how much solar power you need.

Check out this link for more details.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/2...national-rally

I will say that for most basic usage such as just running lights and the furnace, I was able to go many years with just 300 watts of solar.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you guys
          Jim, we have a basic usage as well. We will go with the 380W and upgrade if and when needed.
          2021 GD 23BHE

Comment

Thank you guys
            Jim, we have a basic usage as well. We will go with the 380W and upgrade if and when needed.
            If you need help on how to upgrade in the future, hit me up.

Jim.
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you guys
              As long as you’re not getting an inverter, your loads should be pretty small.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I will Jim, and thank you all.
                2021 GD 23BHE

Comment

Working...
                X