Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solar panels on a 390rk

Aloha
    Ordering a new GDRV 390rk with factory installed Solar wondering what 120v equipment will work when dry camping. or should i order it with a Generator any feed back would be helpful

Originally posted by jeff deemer View Post
    Aloha
    Ordering a new GDRV 390rk with factory installed Solar wondering what 120v equipment will work when dry camping. or should i order it with a Generator any feed back would be helpful
    Welcome to the Technical Forum jeff deemer , and congratulations on the new RV. I've moved your post to the "Solar" channel so it will get more exposure. I'm sure one of our members knowledgeable on solar issues will be along shortly to help you out.

Andi
    Andi
    Brookings SD
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by jeff deemer View Post
      Aloha
      The latest word that I have is that your rig will have a 2000 watt inverter. With an unlimited battery bank, this is usually enough to run your television and a satellite system, a drip coffee pot, the microwave and similar devices. It is not enough to run an air conditioner, and you can't run all those devices at the same time.

But the real limit will be your battery bank. You need to have 300-400 amp hours of "useable" battery power to power those devices for any lenghth of time. Many owners are investing in Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries in order to achieve this goal.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Clarification on my post above. Although the inverter can run the microwave with enough battery power, it may not be wired up to do so. If you want to run the microwave, you may have to run an extension cord from one of the outlets wired to the inverter to do so. GDRV's inverter/solar set ups are rather new, and evolving. I'd sure like to hear how yours is wired when you receive it.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X